My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally made it up there on our annual camping excursion & we took a million pictures. Here's a few of my favorites.

The view of the falls was awesome, but the tour down to see the falls from the backside was beyond what I can put into words.
The final pic is a view of the rapids a few miles up north.
The Maid Of the Mist boat ride was something the bride always wanted to do......very cool indeed.

Attachments

·
Deceased October 2017
21,767 Posts
Great Photos :fing32::thanku:

The wife and kids and I went last year for the first time .. its a must see for sure. Next time we go it will be "Off Season" way to many RUDE foreign tourists for me :fing20:

·
Registered
76 Posts
thanks for the pictures.

what is off season and what would be the best time to go?

can you do much from the new york side or do you really need to cross into canada to see it best?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great Photos :fing32::thanku:

.... way to many RUDE foreign tourists for me :fing20:
Truer words have never been spoken. I just decided to "take one for the team", and not let it interfere with my vacation.
I'm usually on the lookout for Elvis (whom we did see in a NY state park...but thats a different story).....but I'm positive I saw Bin Laden & his family instead.......

Yes, the Canadian side is for better viewing.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I've never been... I think the Wife and I need to make a trip out there to check it out. Great pics!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Went there on a family vacation in the mid fifties. My dad took pictures of the barge with two men aboard that broke loose from a tug and started down river towards the falls, luckily for the two men the barge found a small island and grounded itself.

Good story about it here.
http://www.niagarafrontier.com/scow.html

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks all...not sure if I can take the credit or not...the camera was changing hands by the minute.........

Sure, NOW we get an offer for a tour guide....were where you when we needed ya? (JK)

Snoyes- Same for us....it was worth it...(although the KOA in Canada got us for $80 a night)

Mike-Illinois aint that far...we met a couple in a huge 5th wheel from Montana...staying for 2 days & then were heading back.
BTW the Welding helmet is working nicely...thanks again-

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
I have always wanted to set up a stand and rent barrels for people to ride over the falls and than video it and put it on U tube. You could have the fools sign in as what country they from. :sidelaugh

Ya know good family entertainment even Grandam and Grandpa would love it. :sidelaugh

·
Super Moderator
35,802 Posts
Been there about 7 or 8 times! Best was when we sponored a Japanese boy for a month in the summer and took him! I don't what he said, but he never stopped talking all day! It really opened him up to expressing himself around us!

·
Old as Sin
2,187 Posts

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
Great photos! :fing32:

I hope to get up there one day soon and try to take some as good as yours. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
Went there on a family vacation in the mid fifties. My dad took pictures of the barge with two men aboard that broke loose from a tug and started down river towards the falls, luckily for the two men the barge found a small island and grounded itself.

Good story about it here.
http://www.niagarafrontier.com/scow.html
Click for bigger pictures.

Some other shots from when we went:

The Maid of the Mist is an absolute must-do:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts