My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
My True Colors-Red+Silver
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went up to New Hampshire this past Wednesday to get this lot of MF12s and parts. In it there is:
-1 running hydro
-1 questionable gear
-1 parts hydro
-2 snowblowers
-2 mower decks
-1 tiller
-1 snow blade w/o the beam
- many extra parts
I will be gone all next week so I will post more pictures when I get home. Here is the one I took going down the road-

·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I was up till midnight on that ride home, but it is worth it.
Hey could anyone tell me the year of them? The serial numbers are 1446516142, 1446802304, and 1446517433. Thanks for the help.

·
Banned
550 Posts
Nice finds, of all the old major brand tractors Massey has to be one of the rarest or lowest production numbers. I see tons of old Sears, Cubs, and Deere's, even quite a few Wheel Horses. I might try to find an Allis or two, as well as the GTX320, I've been waiting for.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Great find, I don't don't see how you guys keep finding them and keep getting good deals on them. I have been trying but of the few that I have come across people want $250 + for just a tractor and deck that still needs work. Maybe one of these days I will get lucky.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hi

Quite a trailer load you've got there. Are you going to restore them or get them running and use as is?

Brian

·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do not know yet Brian, I might do both. I'll restore one or two of them and use the others as is. Thanks Nutndun, and those are some outrageous deals. My firdt two Masseys, the 10 and the 12 were $385 so I got a better deal this time.

·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Could anyone tell me what size the hydrostatic drive belt is?

·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm home! And i started to fix them. I will get some pics up soon. The parts 12 might run The carb was spotless on the inside, wich is more than i can say for the outside. The running 12 needed a fuel line and a belt, but we got one from the auto parts store and some old vacum line serves as a line. W ill tell more about them and get more pics up sdoon, but I need to give my little brother the computer.:Disgus:

·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I promised picrures so here they are-

As you an see, the carb om the parts tractor was very clean, the cleanest I have ever seen on one of these motors. I was eveen able to run the motor for a few minutes! It will need a new starter, since it is even hard for one of my dad's DRY-CELL batteries to turn over, but it did run. It still needs new oil in the hydro and a second spare tire off a Ford to move, but is is mostly in the right direction.

·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, one more pic for now-

It runs, it actually runs!:thThumbsU :greendr:
I put a hood and grille on it later today too, with a set of head lights, now it needs a switch. I will try to see if the hydro works later in the week, since I still need fluid for it. If it works, then I get 4 MF12 tractors-2 gears, and 2 hydros, and in order too. The hydros are both 1971, the newest gear is 1972, and the one I had is a 1973. The 10 is a 1970.

·
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, new problem. I nwas going to try out the tiller, but the deck drive belt is too short. What sive is this belt suposed to be? Any help is greatly appreciated as the rest of it went together fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts