My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where hydraulic fill. Don’t have operators manual yet - shop manual is not good as there are several configurations and manual doesn’t cover everything. It combines 5610S, 6610S, 7610S. Says in one place fille and check level are same - would take year to to put 56 quarts in 1/4” tube. Assume it a plug/ bolt on transmission cover since transmission and hydraulics share same reservoir or behind seat on top of rear hydraulics somewhere - any help appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,467 Posts
On earlier models the fill plug was a large hex head plug on top of the rear axle center housing that is directly under your right butt cheek when you are sitting on the tractor. According to the parts drawing for your model, that plug is still there, but it has a small vent threaded into the center of it. I would unscrew the larger plug and fill it through there. There also appears to be a plug on the transmission top cover plate that has the shifters mounted on it. it is near the left rear corner of the plate.

·
Premium Member
7,467 Posts
I forgot to mention, if your tractor has a cab, then access to both of those plugs may be limited unless you remove the cab.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THANKS! I noticed the large hex head just in front of hydraulic ports behind seat. Didn’t notice vent thread - mine 2000 model. I won’t have time to get back on it for a day or two. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
7,467 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts