My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just posted this on the "intro" page now I'll see if anyone here can help...

I have a GT 6000 model # 917.254451 and have been searching all over the net for a wiring diagram for the past 2 weeks, can anyone here help? The previous owner cobbled up the wiring and I'm trying to restore it. If I could even know of an available manual with the same wiring scheme it would help. Thanks to you all for looking and considering my plight..

NO, it's not available thru myhome... whatever at Sears parts direct! :-(

·
Registered
81 Posts
The link to the following website has hundreds of Sears tractor manuals. They are organized by model number and he's got a manual for a 917.254450. Which is a 1990 18 hp, 6 speed tractor. I would think that is the model number is 1 digit off they must be very similar tractors. But I don't know, I'm pretty new here too.

http://sears.pammar.net/manuals.html

Thanks
Nick

·
Registered
617 Posts
I would think that is the model number is 1 digit off they must be very similar tractors. . .
Nick
I have noticed that, on some models, that sixth digit seems to represent a running change, which fits with your guess Nick.

I can't guarantee that, but it is probably a good starting place.

Cobra, there are some threads in MTF that list manuals available, so search for that and you will probably get some useful links to follow.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts