My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to this neighborhood, but not all that new to being around tractors. I grew up in rural America and have worked in corporate world for years and live in upstate New York.

I've seen or experienced the joy, frustration, entertainment, and back breaking & time saving aid tractors bring to our lives. Looking back to my more youthful years, I logged a fair amount of seat time landscaping, construction, and help out neighboring farmers. I've operated or helped worked on various tractor types and sizes from Farmall, IH, Satoh, Cubs, Ferguson, Deere, and Ford.

Over the years, I've enjoyed true "quality" seat time, as other likely do too. This is when and where it's relatively safe to get lost in thought solving the world problems, or at least some in my world :), by the drone of tractor while doing field work: fitting fields, brush hogging, hay'n, some loader work to simply mowing the lawn. It's at these times, when operation can become second nature and before I realize it the task at hand is near completion and I've formulated a reasonable solution to, what may have been a compound complex, problem that's in my head.

:Tractor2:

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Glad you joined us.

·
Camaniac
3,751 Posts
Welcome, you'll find a lot of nice people here and lots of info should you have questions.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hi Gordie

Welcome to MTF. I think many people have a similiar reaction to working with their tractors. I find it fun and relaxing. I hope you enjoy this forum- I know I have.

Brian

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
Gordie

You sound perfectly normal for MTF... we all love our "seat time." :MTF_wel2: We are glad to have you. There are many friendly and knowledgeable folks here at MTF, so enjoy all the different forums. Click on ”Active Topics” near the top left of the page for all the latest activity. You can also register with other members from your state by clicking here:

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I don't get quality seat time on my lawn tractor unfortunately.

What used to take several hours over a couple days with a heavy push-mower, is done in less than 30 minutes with the tractor :(

Just got a beautiful Lawnboy self propelled working on Sunday and did the whole yard with it in a matter of 45 minutes or so. I fear the tractor may now be obsolete as it's a bit of trouble to get out of the shed and put the deck on, until I put a new ramp/deck on the shed.

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
:MTF_wel2: Gordie!

·
9K+ Poster
12,160 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :Welcome1:

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
:Welcome1:

You've found one of the best forums on the net. We have a great bunch of guys here with lots of different knowledge and expertise.

Enjoy!

·
Banned
2,286 Posts
:Welcome1:

amazing how you can lose several hours in a day just riding around in circles on a tractor!
it's kinda like nascar, only slower....i'm makin a left turn! :sidelaugh

welcome to MTF Gordie!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts