My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Friday, after many hours of trying to fix and refix my old (did I mention OLD) Dixon ZTR, I decided it was time to retire the old girl.

I am now the proud new owner of a Snapper LT 125.

It came down between the Snapper and a Husqvarna (the same kind of Husky you see at Lowe's with the Hydro tranny).

I drove both at the local dealer and, though the Snapper was a little more, there were many many upgrades. (14" turning radius, electric PTO, 24HP engine, 4 deck casters, larger tires)

This is a "real" Snapper, with a 46" Snapper deck (4 deck casters, Snapper (simplicity?) pulleys, and noticeably different wheels and hubs than the LT100 line you see at Sears.

It also has the upgraded 24hp Briggs.

I'll try to get some pics up later today!

So far I have mowed with it, uprooted and dragged some old shrubs, and smoothed some dirt. I went to bed last night trying to think of an excuse to use it today!

·
16,490 Posts
Welcome aboard-MTF! :Welcome:
Sit back and enjoy the knowledge and the fun here...

What part of Carolina are you in? Seems like a lot of folks signing up recently from 'down south"...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Wecome;I Have a Snapper L200 with 44 deck. Only used it for odd jobs so far and It's really a nice. Going to mow this week with it. Can't wait.

·
Banned
330 Posts
Yeah,just bought a lt200 snapper,have cut my yard twice with it works very good.

Mines got a 22 hp b/s motor,50 inch cut,they musta thought it wasn't big enough??

That turning radius is sure something to get used to,remember to slow down some before cranking it to sharp. And that cruise control is about useless[good for large flat areas,but not much else,kinda tricky to get it to engage to.]

Already changed the oil and filter on mine,[says to do it a 8 hours I believe,for first time].

But the deck must have some suction power,my old sears will run over some fine gravel without out picking it up,that snapper will suck up a little in same spot.:drunkie:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First mow I cut it 1 setting too high, the 3 blades were chopping so fast (this is after 2 weeks of growth) that there was barely any discharge.

Yeah, I haven't even touched the cruise, of course I'm still getting used to cutting on a standard mower as opposed to my old zero turn, so I may use it once i get used to making big laps again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome aboard-MTF! :Welcome:
Sit back and enjoy the knowledge and the fun here...

What part of Carolina are you in? Seems like a lot of folks signing up recently from 'down south"...
I live in a little town called Belhaven, a harbor town on the intercoastal waterway.

Its farm country out here, so the dealers are good to work with. I bought the mower at a dealer in Washington, NC, and after looking high and low, I can't find anybody offering the deal I got. Most dealer's lowest price for the 125 is for the 23 hp version with the 2 deck casters (murray deck maybe?) I got mine for the exact same price, with the 24hp and the upgrade deck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts