My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone - I am contemplating buying a small tractor for the purpose of moving my collection of boats around on level ground and within a confined storage building, and perhaps clearing my driveway in the winter. I already have a 30HP late model Kubota which is too big large for this task so I am going cheaper and smaller this time. Local boatyard guys use these small tractors for this purpose on their lots with great success so off I went to find one. I came across the listing below and thought it to be a good candidate. Price struck me as a bit high, but he has offered to negotiate the value of the attachments I don't want and take them off the price. I was hoping to find a unit with a three point hitch and this one does not have one. Not critical in my application but it certainly makes picking up and moving trailers easier. My boats weigh up to about 7500lbs so moving them on level ground is not a challenge and small is better for me. But - do you guys think this little Case 444 is a good choice, and is the price completely out of whack? If there are better choices, what might they be? Lastly, how hard is it to find and install a three point hitch for this unit? Here is the link to the unit in question. Thanks for all help and advice.

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...r-w-ALL-of-the-attachments-W0QQAdIdZ485808928

·
Registered
533 Posts
If you can get the sleeve hitch that's on the tiller, then you would be set, you don't need a 3 point hitch to just move trailers. Usually such is included with the tractor.as they are very common.

Really you would be happy with the entire package but I know economics do come into play.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - the tiller can come with the package, if I want it -which I don't really. I am sure I could get the sleeve hitch and be set, for the time being anyway. I will keep the blade and the mower though. I think I would be happy if I could get it for around $2k, with the desired attachments. Economics are a consideration when buying most things, but in this case the price is low enough that I just want to be sure it is the right tool for the job. Sounds like it is. These 444's seem to be well respected for what they are.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
It does look like a nice package and the tractor appears to be in very nice shape. I think $2,000 for the "entire" package as listed in your location would be a nice deal. If you fabricated a ball hitch on the front of the tractor, it would be very handy to move boats & trailers around.

:fing32:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts