My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here goes, I am a new one to this type of forum but I need some advice on what possibly could be a major headache.

I have a 214 JD with the kohler motor that is currently giving me fits, it has a brand new coil ( kohler of course) a new condenser, good points set at .020 per manual, which just will not fire off.

Now I should say I have had this beast about 5 years but wound up letting it sit the last year and a half due to some serious family problems, always started good, ran good, mowed well, did anything I asked without complaint until now.

It has a good spark at the plug, nice blue white, just no fire any ideas?

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
take out the plug and put a few of drops of gas in whwere the plug goes and put the plug back in and if it fires then your not getting gas from the carb.
-Brian

by the way.....:MTF_wel: !

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have you put in new gas? after a year and a half the old stuff could be bad. Is gas getting to the plug? again after sitting the old gas could have gummed up the carburetor. Good luck with getting it going.

·
Super Duper Member
1,471 Posts
You can pour a small spoon full of gas into the intake. The motor should 'bark', and die. Make sure the choke is on when you do this, to help get some fuel moving. Sounds like the carb might be gelled up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guess I got in a hurry for some answers when I posted the first time, just kitted the carb when I decided to try to get it running again since it had been sitting so long also put in fresh fuel and checked to make sure the fuel pump was working properly by simply turning it over a few times with the carb off and looking for gas flow from the line and to clean out any old fuel in the lines

1 - 5 of 5 Posts