My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 775 friday night with a snow blade and tire chains for 50 bucks. Starter and air cleaner are missing. Tires held air over night. Got it running sat. night after cleaning out the mouse condo. Runs good but has many leaks. Tried to get it moving but the belt for the hydro is very loose. Where can I find the part number for the correct belt(NAPA)? Some items I will be looking for are...

Service manual
Air cleaner for a 7 HP briggs 170701
recoil starter or starter motor($)

Hope to post pics soon.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
33,642 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you did pretty good there. I'm sure the Bolens members will give you a hand and there is a lot of information on here on numerous subjects.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Cant wait to see it plow snow. Oh by the way your welcome for the addiction. Was you able to get the carb dried up and not leaking?

·
Registered
704 Posts
welcome mudking and dagwoodz. What part of Ohio do you'ns hail from? I'm in the Zanesville area. Dagwoodz, I might have what you need in a starter. Best thing to do if you're not far from Z-ville is to invite yourself over and rummage around. Or post a pic of it here, I can look in my pile and find a match.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ratboy, im from amanda area close to lancaster and dagwoodz is from orient grove city area. We work together. Thats a heck of a offer to come out and rummage for dagwoodz starter. Zanesville not a bad drive. Ive been lurking around this site for a few years after i picked up my 1054. Lots of info i just dont post alot. But havent had any major problems with tractor to report. Dagwoodz may be getting a hold of you soon. People like you make this hobby (addiction) much more enjoyable.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reassembled everything friday night but could not run it cause it was too late. Also repaired a broken wire on the mag. Had no leaks till I tried to start it saturday morning. Would not fire. Disconnected the mag wire I repaired and it started. Petcock still leaks. Must be the vibration. Went to Home Depot to look for a fitting to replace the petcock and buy a remote fuel shutoff. No luck and their stuff is pricey. 46 inch drive belt at Napa is $17.00VS. $30.00 at Home Depot. Anyway. Went to Advance Auto. The guy there suggested I take the petcock apart and replace the O ring. Bought some o rings, remote fuel valve, 12 volt switch and some clamps. Gutted and stored all the electrics. Installed the switch on the mag ground. Rebuilt the petcock. Installed the remote fuel valve where I can reach it and boom, she runs with no leaks and I can shut it off.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got a belt from NAPA. Drove it last night. Still needs more carb work. This has been a lot of fun. Will try to post some pics today.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
I might have all 3 of them including the starter motor. Is this a vertical shaft engine. Because the pieces I might have would be off an 8 HP horzonial engine. I will look when it is day light out side.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Looks like the only thing I kept was the gas tank(different than yours). I do have a starter motor with no Bendix on it. PM me if you are interested.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gonna stick with my trusty rope till at least after Christmas. Then maybe a recoil rope. Want to keep it simple. Thanks anyway.

Mudkings and I are fabbing up a new exhaust and air filter. I need a stealthy exhaust for night snow plowing. Will have pics soon.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts