My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Tractor Fixin
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a Super 90, seems I need to learn some things right off to get her pulling. I think the clutch has had its better days, but the guy selling it to me said it still pulls, I just havnt figured out how to get some power to the wheels. Maybe I need to rev her up more, after reading some about a hydraulic clutch in it, maybe the ole gal needs some more rpm to get he clutch working in her condition. Well I have a lot of work to do but she is running good. Want to get her pulling some before beginning on the painting etc.. :thanku:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome to the group!
I also have a Super 90 (the WR model) mine is a 64 and runs fairly strong. Does yours have the Perkins diesel? Just asking… you have it in LO range? The small shifter to the right of the gear shift. 1st gear and LO, well a snail will beat you BUT you can pull down houses. Have you tried the variations of the gear shift and range selector? As far as the throttle I usually run it down about 1.5 to 2 inches (My tach is broken) it “sounds” about 1000 -1200 rpm. I hope this helps some. BTW if you PM me I have a host of info for the super 90. And perhaps if you see any parts that you don’t need you can send a email to me.
Have lots of fun and once again welcome to the group.

·
Tractor Fixin
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, mine has the Perkins Diesel, I say that based on the fact that it is a Diesel, so making the assumption it must be the Perkins. I have another tractor being delivered not too long from now thats a Massey 85 for parts. It's all in various pieces. This one (Super 90) has a 3pt hitch, but the cylinder unit needs some work/repair I'm told. Maybe on this model thats better that it is bolted on top of the lower casting, hopefully wont be too hard to get to. I have used a few other tractors, so am familiar with the low range high range etc.. I tried both in various gears. I probably need to kick up the rpm some since my first attempt to drive around the house wondering if I was going to geeter back into the barn. Grin...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts