My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I've got a little MTD 700 series lawn tractor. (20 horse Briggs and a 46 inch deck.) Scored it offa CraigsList for $75 with a seized bearing in the deck's main pulley. It came with the replacement bearing...

While I was in there messing with the deck, I decided to prime, paint, and then use automotive undercoating or spray on truck bedliner on the deck. (Really quiets it down!)

I also replaced the spindle bearings and added grease fittings to the spindles.

I'm a car guy, so I'm currently looking for a way to add a few useful features:
-2 inch square hitch receiver for moving my car trailer.
-An automotive style 12 volt alternator in the 75-120 amp range.
-A small air compressor, preferably engine driven.

I had a great time this past week unloading a full size pickup truck load of dirt and then another load of mulch. Might be into getting a small garden tractor with a front end loader like a Deere 455 or something.

Now the little MTD is a bit overkill for my yard care needs. It makes cleaning up my little suburban 1/4 acre lot take minutes!
However, I also have some vacation property that's wooded and needs bush hogging occasionally.

I may be into getting something larger like an older Kubota B series (6000?)

I guess with two sets of needs, I'm gonna need two tractors.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
:MTF_wel: from a New York member. You can never have to many toys, no I mean tools.

·
What did you say ?
582 Posts
We have a bit over 1/2 acre in town. From what you said I imagine that you would love a tractor with a FEL. Try looking at used BX2200's. Yes I am biased but Kubota invented the SCUT and it took the others a few years to catch on to the idea thus old ones exist.

How much loader a tractor can handle is limited by the weight of the tractor. You can do it on ones smaller then the BX but they lift less. BX lifts 400 or 500 lbs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts