My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting from Minnesota--
Great forum. Thank you to monitors and members. My interests, presently, are the replacement of my Deere 420. Old,20 year but in good condition died (very low pressure in one cylinder). I use it to mow (60 deck) about 5 acres and snow blow 200+ foot driveway and sometimes deer hunting cabin tasks.. I use larger Kubota for bigger jobs. So, what to do??? Rebuild engine? Replace engine? Buy new system? Buy slightly used system? Switch to zero turn mower and stand behind blower? Brands??? I am kind of stuck in my decision making, to be honest,,,,but, do need to get going on what to do. Minnesota State Fair is in two weeks,,,deals??
Have the bucks, but, the key is to have what works for my needs. I guess I have been spoiled the last many years with the 420...and , now have to get up to speed on my options.
Best Regards,
Jack49
* Deere 420,Kubota 2900, Honda 350fourtrax,Huskavarna and Jonsrud chainsaws,Hus trimmer/cutter, 660 Deere tiller,loader, 54"snowblower,60" deck,walk behind 8 hp tiller, Toro push mower,36' Ford, bunch of old and new cars.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
:MTF_wel:Iwould rebuild it or buy a x700 series!IMO:trink39:

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
If you decide not to rebuild it I would be looking at the X700 series. slkpk

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
:MTF_wel: That is a very tough decision !! :banghead3:banghead3:banghead3

·
Super Moderator
16,461 Posts
Welcome to the Forum:MTF_wel:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to the inputers on my decsion making. I ended up going with a a zero turn Kubota ZD331P (63 hours). Got very good price. This Summer in Minnesota was a mow every week Summer. Thus, the irrational decision. Sweet machine. Keeping my Kubota L2900 GST tractor for loader ,tiller, chipper needs. Now, need to answer snow blowing issue. Thinking of large Toro walk behind.....State Fair specials at about 25% off. Never have owned a walk behind....so, any inputs are appreciated.
have a great Labor Day weekend,
Regards,
jack49

* Kubota 2900,JD 420(dead and for sale),Honda 350,Kubota 331, bunch of cars......

·
Registered
39 Posts
You are going to get snow in your fase garanteed! I don't know how windy your area is but, I always found that a face shield was a great way to protect me. I have had cabs on two JDs and eally appreciate the protection from wind and snoww in the face.

Be sure to get a big enough blower!

·
10K and Climbin!
12,298 Posts
:MTF_wel:jack49

I'm with the previous posters and agree to rebuild the 420.. If it is indecent shape otherwise and fits your needs it is more tractor than anything you'll buy today.. Just my 35 cents.. :goodl:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts