My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
In Pensacola and looking hard at a 1500. I have been reading alot about this unit and there seems to be as much bad as good. Now I realize that most people will only post or inquire when something is wrong so I was hoping to get a little input from those in the know. The unit I'm looking at is in Ga. and was sold in N. Ala as a 2003 model. It is now showing 18 hrs and looks in pretty good shape. I know these are remans or refurbs but would like some info on what to be aware of. It is owned by my cousin and he got it with a marriage. He knows very little about it save for a fuel tank leak. It comes with 4 implements that also look pretty good. When he gave me the model # over the phone, he stated it was a YN1500 (When I looked at it I did not pay attention to the model as I didn't know how bad I needed a tractor at the time:D) and I've seen only YM1500's online. Is he just mistaken or is this the designation for the VN model. Sorry this is so lengthy and thank ya'll for your time. Rick.:thanku::thanku::thanku:

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Well it could be a YN 1500.

Product Details
Contact / Enquire
yanmar yn1500 Year:
Hours/Mileage:
Gross Weight:
Serial No.: 401-20296 Original Price: 2,600.00 EUR General Description

Glad you joined!
:wwp: If you need easy Picture help
Be sure to Register for Your State!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Google vn recons. I would walk (quickly) away from anyone claiming a YM 1500 to be a 2003. Last made in the 70s. Fine tractor, but not likely so if it cam the vn route. Plenty of info out there about the good and bad in this market.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Well it could be a YN 1500.

Product Details
Contact / Enquire
yanmar yn1500 Year:
Hours/Mileage:
Gross Weight:
Serial No.: 401-20296 Original Price: 2,600.00 EUR General Description

Glad you joined!
:wwp: If you need easy Picture help
Be sure to Register for Your State!
Looks like they stole Mark's paint .

Welcome Rick, Run, don't walk

·
Retired MTF Admin
11,156 Posts
Welcome to MTF, Rick!

I think you are very wise about collecting information concerning this tractor. I have to agree with LMTC and Bruce about the model's origin and extent of refurbish for export to the U.S. You have to believe that someone dealing with this tractor and it's recent history has listed it as being a 2003, which isn't legitimate. Add to that fact that these tractors and the way they are thrown together to make run will be a parts and repair nightmare when it's time to address the simplest of repairs.

Sometimes there are stories about those that have purchased a refurbished tractor from overseas and ended up with a decent rig after fixing just a few small problems. Other reports indicate expensive and major mechanical failures, which exceeds the prices to repair versus the net value of their machine. It's a gamble regardless of the asking price as support is rare and well established dealers who value their reputation (and from long bad experiences) refuse to be drawn into situations where the correct parts, for a new owners particular model, will not work/fit because the refurbished machine has the wrong engines, transmissions and drive train components.

Good luck with your decision.

Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts