My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, you have a great site here. I have been setting back and reading and learning. I bought a 1994-95 GT 6000 yesterday with a new sleeve hitch and pull type blade. It cost $300, kinda pricey for what some of you guys give the ones on here, but wanted a GT. It is dirty and tires are going flat as soon as I put air in them. But it runs and I love the sleeve hitch. It is a 6 speed with a manual lift hitch. I am going to try to clean it up tomorrow to see what it needs and get some pictures in here....Thanks again and love this site.......

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
1320n8, nice to have you aboard with us and congrats on your acquisition, looking forward to the pics, and hope you get her in tip top shape :fing32:.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
This is after a quick rinse.....motor sounds good and the gears feel good running around the yard. But the deck needs some work.....blasted and painted should help it allot, and replace what ever I find wrong with it....but then again I may just use it as a yard tractor. I have some bar tires I can put on the back and like to fine some 3 rib tires for the front.....Thanks...

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
$300 isn't a bad price of a running GT6000 with rear blade. I used to have one of those 50" decks. You'll need a new discharge chute. You can also order new front wheel guides for that deck to help avoid scalping. If you're interested, I have the part #'s at home. I got rid of it because a bagger attachment isn't available for that style.

·
4K Poster!!!
4,504 Posts
:MTF_wel2:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mxrdrver, are the parts numbers that you have the same as in the manual? I down loaded one the other night and wrote some of the numbers down. I have to go to the sears web site to see if they are available. It is a 44" deck, so the blade are a little 14.6 in's. I have to take them off and see if I can get some at TSC or some place. Guess they have the sears star pattern on the blades? Are they hard to fine? I leveled the deck last night when I got home from work.....allot better. Both front tires has bad tubes, going to see if I can fine some locally before I go to work Wed. Does anybody know where I can get some 3 rib front tires. I would like to have some. I have a Wheel Horse 520 H with a 60" deck and when I am on a hill or the grass is a little wet the deck wants to steer the tractor, rib tires would be better. I thought that being I need new tires for the GT I would just get the 3 rib fronts for it. ..thanks for the help......

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,275 Posts
looks good!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts