My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
searching for a new front axle, spindle for my '05 LT1000 so I can cut the other half of the lawn. I hope I can handle this better than the plastic flywheel gear replacement (had to call Sears since I didn't want to risk cracking the cast iron). I'll post pix once I'm legit here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thanks to a new cast iron axle, the lawn was cut today. Would've finished yesterday but for the pivot bolt nut getting stripped & time to get replacement. To anyone that has a similar tractor, it was such a huge improvement. Thanks to Mower Man42 for posting the sticky with part numbers, etc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
chrisspy
Glad you got it fixed :thThumbsU
Me too! Pix on my profile, album of the project. You'll need to click on each pic to see captions.:trink39:

Place your bets on how many winters this will last. The stamped axle started to rip after 1 then summer mowing finished it off.

From http://www.guy-sports.com/humor/jokes/jokes_lawn.htm

"Overnight, a torrential rain storm soaked Southern England.

When morning dawned the resulting floodwaters came up about 5 feet into most of the homes in the south Portsmouth area, an area below sea level.

Doreen Bryant was sitting on top her roof with her next door neighbour, Molly Borden waiting for the emergency services to rescue them.

Doreen noticed a lone straw hat floating near the house. Then she saw it float far out into the front garden, then float all the way back to the house, it kept floating away from the house, then back in. Her curiosity got the best of her, so she asked Molly, 'Do you see that straw hat floating away from the house, then back again?'

'Oh yes, Doreen,' grinned Molly, 'that's Bert, my husband, wearing his gardening hat; he told me yesterday that he was going to cut the grass today come **** or high water.' "

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,265 Posts
me too! Pix on my profile, album of the project. You'll need to click on each pic to see captions.:trink39:

Place your bets on how many winters this will last. The stamped axle started to rip after 1 then summer mowing finished it off.

From http://www.guy-sports.com/humor/jokes/jokes_lawn.htm

"overnight, a torrential rain storm soaked southern england.

When morning dawned the resulting floodwaters came up about 5 feet into most of the homes in the south portsmouth area, an area below sea level.

Doreen bryant was sitting on top her roof with her next door neighbour, molly borden waiting for the emergency services to rescue them.

Doreen noticed a lone straw hat floating near the house. Then she saw it float far out into the front garden, then float all the way back to the house, it kept floating away from the house, then back in. Her curiosity got the best of her, so she asked molly, 'do you see that straw hat floating away from the house, then back again?'

'oh yes, doreen,' grinned molly, 'that's bert, my husband, wearing his gardening hat; he told me yesterday that he was going to cut the grass today come **** or high water.' "
:ROF lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts