1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of tractors with problems

Mine
856D with koyker k5
CoOp E4 with Dual 250 (buda 230 from an Alis Chalmers combine)
Cub Cadet SLT1554

Dad's
Ford 9n
WD 45 (3 total, 2 wide front, 1 narrow front)
IH H
IH 450 with loader (not sure on make/model)
JD A
Gehl skid steer
old Bob cat skid steer (no rollcage or cab, and it's got a gas motor not diesel)
Not sure what models they are but he's got 3 old fork lifts and an old backhoe

My IH856 works great for most things, moving snow with the bucket, moving haybales. It's got some issues.. no drawbar, aftermarket 3pt (which I prefer over the neighbors 706 factory 3pt) but the main problems are that it is too heavy for my usage (it parts the earth when you drive it in the spring and fall) and that right now the PTO doesn't work (I'll start a thread later when I find the right forum)

I love the size of the CoOp e4 but it got 'retired' when I bought the 856 because it didn't have enough rearend weight when I was lifting the 1200lb round bales, no 3pt, no internal hydraulics. I've been considering un-retiring it and updating the hydraulics with either a crank driven unit or finding a factory bolt in style that goes onto the platform and then building a 3pt for it... it is a good sized tractor. But when I parked it the motor got moisture in it and the transmission needs some bearings replaced.. so it's a project

The Cub Cadet works exactly as it should, been mowing lawn with it since we bought it in 2005 (about 180hrs on it now)

I recently used the neighbors JD750 CUT and that is a nice size tractor for most of what I do, but without a loader and without live PTO it has a couple of quarks.

I've been thinking about getting rid of both my IH856 and the CoOp and getting something newer with AWD so I can actually get around in the winter. Last year I bought a 7ft snowblower but since the 856 PTO wasn't working I had to borrow the neighbors 706 to try them out. They work well but his factory 3pt did not, and the lower 3pt links left a lot to be desired (they always seemed loose)

well that's enough rambling/babbling for an intro
hi everybody,
-ron

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Glad you joined!
:wwp: If you need easy Picture help
Be sure to Register for Your State!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What did you mean to 'register my state'? When I joined I set my state as ND and it shows for me under my name (on the left hand side).

Thanks for the offer for help with pictures, I should be OK.. this ain't my first forum.. (ok, it's the first for Tractors.. but not for other things)

Pictures.. I've got lots of them but the problem is that I can't see or upload them from here (firewall blocks offsite storage systems) but I'll get some uploaded to photobucket tonight of the tractors that I've been using at home..

E4 (including some snow moving shots)
706 (neighbors)
4020 (neighbors)
jd750 (same neighbor)
my father in laws Jubilee (with hole auger attached)

I also have pictures from the 2008 North Dakota Steam Threshers Reunion and I think I should have some from last years Western Minnesota Steam Threshers Reunion (in Rollag)

I'll make a very strong effort to deliver some eye candy real soon

-ron

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Welcome Ron, good to have you with us and hope you enjoy all the forums :).

As far as Sonny mentioning "registering your state", we have a Represented States Thread here that you can go to and vote for your state, additionally you can look to see what other members are from your state, and clicking on the blue numbers out from the state it will show you the members handles here as well :fing32:.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.