My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son-in-law has a older JD 212 which is not working. I have some mechanical ability and decided to try to fix it. I am about $250 out of pocket for parts so far and still no luck. I joined the forum to see if I could get some tips and some info on where I could get some used parts.

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
:MTF_wel:Glad you joined!
:wwp: If you need easy Picture help
Be sure to Register for Your State!

·
AKA Moses Lawnagan
4,653 Posts
1st of all,:MTF_wel:

2nd, what parts are you needing? Does it run at all? Try looking at www.weekendfreedommachines.com ,they specialize in the older JD's and there are links to rebuilders and parts sellers. You can also log on to http://jdpc.deere.com, and there's also www.outdoordistributors.com , they carry Peerless transmission parts.

Unless it's truly broke, as in 'snapped in two', you can usually straighten, clean up and paint most any piece on these tractors and get them working. If the engine isn't running, there's a gammut of stuff from gummy carb to shot ignition. The old Kohlers are tough, though, and still rebuildable.

·
Super Moderator
17,147 Posts

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Welcome ljay, looks like your getting some help here, glad you joined us and hope you get the issues resolved :fing32:.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts