My Tractor Forum banner

New x738 in June

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  NYSport 
#1 ·
I have posted a few times about this new tractor of mine, how it's a beast of a lawn mower and how it goes places I would never even tried to take my other JD. How it cuts my ditch that for 20 years I needed to do with a weed wacker. This JD was the most I ever spent on a garden tractor and no one could be happier than me with the performance of it so far. I got a blade for it was thinking I would see how plowing would work out with this 4 wheel drive tractor before buying a $3000 blower attachment.
Well, last night we got 6 inches of the wettest slop snow ever so I did my driveway it took me a few tries to get used to the float being that it past where it lifts the front of the tractor.

This beast will push some heavy *** snow. The driveway is 250 feet with the blade angled this beast just plows along no spinning no problem. My last tractor I had chains and weights and differential lock still would spin the tires but not anymore.
I said it was a beast in summer and it's a beast in winter also. I had some fun today pushing and learning how to push snow with this x738 tractor. This is the best tractor I ever bought for sure. I'll have a few places in the grass to fix next spring before I mastered the float thing.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I have a 54" blade on my 430 and 300' concrete driveway. For 30 years I just used the steel scrapper on the big 47" 2S SB, then I put baler belting on it, just under the scrapper blade, no more rust marks and huge noise reduction as the steel scrapped the concrete. This year I add the 54" blade, but decide to do the 1/2" thick squeegee under the steel blade edge also, again no more rust and noise as I plowed that long drive today. I could not be happier with the results.

#6 ·
Invest In a Rubber squeegee if You have a Paved driveway for the Blade and You won't Have to replace the Grass In the spring You Can Plow Paths on top of the Grass then:thThumbsU

#10 ·
Mine is a 54 inch and that heavy wet slop we get the other day is as heavy as it gets. My drive has a pretty good incline and I had no problem pushing it up or down. Your tractor will have no problem with either blade. I have a neighbor that uses his x739 like a bulldozer in the dirt and it just amazes me at how much he can push that way. He has 5 piles of 7 yards each topsoil dumped in his yard last years and he dozed all of them in a few hours.
I have not found anything my x738 doesn't do very well I love this beast.

#14 ·
Here is a better Picture of the Rubber squeegee on the 54inch Blade. It's Mounted On My 2025R But it the same Blade for the X700 series:thThumbsU

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.