My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I posted that I sold my seven year old L130 and purchased a new X534 with 48" deck, mulch kit, and snowblower. Finally got time to use it today and it was a joy. After giving it a good ICEing, I mounted and tested both the snowblower and mower deck (taking obligatory pics along the way).

Then I got in some seat time by mowing/mulching the grass/leaves. After using it a little while, I must say that I really love the AWS. I have a bunch of landscaping and trees to mow around, and it really excels at that. I have a tiny circle of mulch around my well head and I could even mow around that without backing up!

When mowing the steepest areas, I could really appreciate the transmission. It effortlessly ran up the hills at speed whereas the L130 would crawl, if I attempted at all.

In terms of build quality and components it seems top notch. For example, the mower deck and linkages are really nice, and it is a breeze to adjust.

Mounting and dismounting the snowblower was very easy, and the unit seems very heavy duty (with exception of the plastic chute). The manual chute controls work well, and I can live with them since snowfall in VA is much less that what most of you seem to deal with. The hydraulic lift on the X534 is a very nice feature, particularly with the snowblower.

Overall, I am extremely pleased with my purchase. It is a major upgrade compared to the L130 and I wish I would have done it a few years ago. I do have a couple of issues; I will create a separate post and ask for some help and feedback.

Neal

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
Very, very nice. So long L130 and hello X534!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Congrats on the new x534, sweet machine. :fing32: Is that a new x540 seat on the tractor or does the x534 come standard that way?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats on the new x534, sweet machine. :fing32: Is that a new x540 seat on the tractor or does the x534 come standard that way?
Thanks; the X534 comes standard with the high-back seat.

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Congrats and enjoy. slkpk

·
Registered
989 Posts
Christmas has come early I see. Congrats. Don't forget to put accessories on your wish list.

·
Super Moderator
33,798 Posts
La

Mounting and dismounting the snowblower was very easy, and the unit seems very heavy duty (with exception of the plastic chute). The manual chute controls work well, and I can live with them since snowfall in VA is much less that what most of you seem to deal with. The hydraulic lift on the X534 is a very nice feature, particularly with the snowblower.

Neal

Oh no, I can't believe after nearly 4 ft of snow that one year someone from VA would tempt fate like that! Of course he does have the equpment for it now!!!!!! :fing32::fing32::fing32:

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,432 Posts
Looks good! Congrats on the upgrade!!!

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Congratulations, it looks great and should serve you well for many years. :thThumbsU

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh no, I can't believe after nearly 4 ft of snow that one year someone from VA would tempt fate like that! Of course he does have the equpment for it now!!!!!! :fing32::fing32::fing32:
That storm is definitely what prompted me to purchase the blower! The L130 + plow couldn't handle that much snow, so my son and I had to shovel it. He is now off to college and anyway I swore I would never go through that again. So now I am hoping for loads of snow so I can get some seat time! There are only four other houses on my street, so I figure I'll do all the neighbors' drives too.

·
Registered
826 Posts
As we say here in the greater Boston area, it looks "Wicked Pissah!" :fing32: Congrats!
Go Pats!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Welcome to the x5 club! :thThumbsU

I'm looking forward to hear how the AWS works out for you in the x5 series.

·
4K Poster!!!!
4,552 Posts
Congrats! That is a great looking set up!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've had my X-534 for about 18 months now and it is a real pleasure to own and use. I am sure you'll love yours! Awesome machine!
Rifboy

·
3K & Yet So Little to Say
3,341 Posts
Nice setup, thanks for the pics!:fing32:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts