My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after reading tons of posts on here I decided on a new X520. It has the hdap tires, 54" deck. I can't wait for it to be delivered.

I ended up talking them down to 5500 delivered. Is that pretty normal for a new one? I know msrp is almost 6700, so I thought I did ok on it. The dealer I got it from was about 200.00 cheaper than the other JD dealer in the area. Plus they are going to deliver for free which the other dealer wouldn't do.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Well, after reading tons of posts on here I decided on a new X520. It has the hdap tires, 54" deck. I can't wait for it to be delivered.

I ended up talking them down to 5500 delivered. Is that pretty normal for a new one? I know msrp is almost 6700, so I thought I did ok on it. The dealer I got it from was about 200.00 cheaper than the other JD dealer in the area. Plus they are going to deliver for free which the other dealer wouldn't do.
Sounds to me like you did pretty good.It takes a lot to twist a John Deere dealers arm even with the slow economy.

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
Wirtbowhunter,

Congrats! :bananapow Sounds like you got a good deal to me. I don't know what I would do without my X500, so I am sure you will love your machine when you get it home and get to using it. Can't wait to see the pics.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had hope'd that I made a pretty good deal, I sorta played two dealers that don't like each other against one another!!

This is going to be a huge improvement over my 15 year old craftsman.

·
Registered
718 Posts
You did great. I just bought a x500 for $5400 with a mulch kit. I tried that but the dealer closest to me is a moron. He was $300 over suggested retail and wouldn't budge at all. I told him what he could go do with his x500.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You did better than I did. I just bought an X520 for $5,999 plus a $50 delivery fee, which was the best deal (by a good margin) over two other JD dealers. I'm in NJ, maybe they run more expensive up here? One guy was MSRP, the other was $300 over MSRP. In any event, it was the 54" deck and the HDAP's that pushed me up to the X520 from the X500 -- dealer told me he couldn't get the HDAP's on the X500 at all, which was a dealbreaker for me. Hope I get mine soon -- was told it may be July 29th because they are running behind. Hard to believe. Good luck, let me know how you enjoy yours!

·
Premium Member
1,488 Posts
In any event, it was the 54" deck and the HDAP's that pushed me up to the X520 from the X500 -- dealer told me he couldn't get the HDAP's on the X500 at all, which was a dealbreaker for me.

Man that dealer doesn't sound like he was willing to deal at all. I got my X500 straight from the factory with HDAPs.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Sounds like I need to come to Wirt county when I get ready to upgrade. Hard to find a dealing dealer, as noted above.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have no idea what the "truth" is regarding the HDAP's, but it is very frustrating. Maybe someone from Deere could clarify once and for all. I have read a number of posts both ways -- people whose dealers said an X500 could, and could not, be ordered from the factory with the HDAP's. What I do know is that in configuring an X500, between the upgrade from turfs to HDAP's (have read that it costs between $80 and $300+, IF you find a dealer willing to do it) and the 54" deck (add another $300), you are getting close to an X520 in price, and you are pretty much building an X520 anyway except for the water cooled engine. That's why I just went ahead with the X520. And got the best deal I could among 3 dealers. I suspect basic rules of supply and demand play a role, too. In any event, to answer the original post question, I'd be pretty happy, Wirtbowhunter.

·
Registered
150 Posts
:dancingpa

Congrats and :MTF_wel2:

·
Registered
150 Posts
BTW we do want pictures

1 - 15 of 15 Posts