My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Good at breaking stuff!
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new welding machine was delivered yesterday evening.:bannana:

Miller Wildcat 200 amp Welder/Generator.

I also bought two 50ft. #2 leads with the fancy quick connects on the machine.

Found a coupon/rebate in the owner's manual for a free Miller brand auto darkening hood valued at $250.:bannana:

Here is the old welder.

·
Banned
330 Posts
Good lookin stick welder,I got a miller bluestar 185,with running wheels,can move it around even on dirt. So you gotta get the running gear/wheels for it.

I have had bigger welder/gen but pain to move or load/unload off truck,yours is not much heavier than the bluestar so you should be able to move it around about as well.

Mine will burn 1/8 rod all day,yours should burn up to 5/32 all day.[not many times you probably ever need to do that though].

Might have bought the wildcat instead of the bluestar but they didn't have it than,but like said,other than maybe 500 watts more ac aux power and the ability to use 5/32 all day,not much difference.

Miller makes good stuff though,you did good and seems like a good price[after looking at millers site],not much more than bluestar 185 dx.:drunkie:

·
Good at breaking stuff!
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bought mine from Indiana Oxygen Supply on Ebay for $2,600 delivered to the front door!

Good lookin stick welder,I got a miller bluestar 185,with running wheels,can move it around even on dirt. So you gotta get the running gear/wheels for it.

I have had bigger welder/gen but pain to move or load/unload off truck,yours is not much heavier than the bluestar so you should be able to move it around about as well.

Mine will burn 1/8 rod all day,yours should burn up to 5/32 all day.[not many times you probably ever need to do that though].

Might have bought the wildcat instead of the bluestar but they didn't have it than,but like said,other than maybe 500 watts more ac aux power and the ability to use 5/32 all day,not much difference.

Miller makes good stuff though,you did good and seems like a good price[after looking at millers site],not much more than bluestar 185 dx.:drunkie:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts