My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, contemplating trading up from a 2305.

What would the benefits be to a 3150 or 3250 from the 2305?

I mow about 2 acres, use the loader for mulch and snow.. and looking at adding a tiller to go with the rear blade.

I have 4 BIL's that like to borrow the tractor for a slew of different reasons from moving dirt to leveling driveways, you name it.. it's the extended family tractor for all reasons and seasons.

OH, and whatever I do it HAS to fit on the new 7 X 12 trailer.

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Bob, from what you list, I don't see how the 2305 is failing you. Is it just a whim, or are you running into some situations where you are maxing out the 2305?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I tend to agree with D-Dogg on this one,

A 3000 series tractor is a huge leap from the 2305...

I have 10 acres and mow about 4 of it, push and blow snow and landscape... I don't think I would use a 3000 series tractor for mowing if only for the weight of it... (Mind you, I have low spots that are always damp).

The 2320 serves me very well, and I'm sure that a 2305 would have done just fine....

Unless you have a specific, reoccurring task that requires the bigger tractor, I don't see why the 2305 can't do the job.

That being said…. If you want the 3000 series tractor just because you want one, well then, that’s a whole different ball game altogether… I would surely add one with a cab to my heard if I could…

GC

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tend to agree with D-Dogg on this one,

A 3000 series tractor is a huge leap from the 2305...

I have 10 acres and mow about 4 of it, push and blow snow and landscape... I don't think I would use a 3000 series tractor for mowing if only for the weight of it... (Mind you, I have low spots that are always damp).

The 2320 serves me very well, and I'm sure that a 2305 would have done just fine....

Unless you have a specific, reoccurring task that requires the bigger tractor, I don't see why the 2305 can't do the job.

That being said…. If you want the 3000 series tractor just because you want one, well then, that’s a whole different ball game altogether… I would surely add one with a cab to my heard if I could…

GC

Bigger is ALWAYS better isn't it??

These are the answers I'm looking for.. My weakness: The JD dealer is a 1/4 mile from the house, and I have to drive by it every day on my way to and from work.

I find myself looking at the bigger tractors EVERY time I go by. That and I would LOVE to have AC on a tractor.. but if I put a cab on any of them I wouldn't be able to fit it in the barn.

Oh well, if you guys talk me out of a bigger tractor, I guess I'll have to get a new bike!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, get the Harley instead, Bob.

AND DON'T LOAN IT TO YOUR BILs!!!
OOPS.. Not a Harley guy.. looking at the new K1300 BMW series!!

Currently ride a 2002 R1150RS.. it's got 50,000 on the ODO.. still rides like new.. but bigger is ALWAYS better right??

·
Registered
69 Posts
Bob,

I’m not trying to talk you out of it… I too have a weakness for green… But… In my case, as much as I would love to have a 3000 class tractor, it would just be overkill…

If it was me, I’d just get a new Bike :)

·
9K+ Poster
12,163 Posts
Bob,

Just put your 2305 next to a 2320 and then a 2520/2720 and you'll see just how much bigger those tractors are. Then jump into a 3x20 tractor and, while you'll have a bigger grin, reality should settle in. :) I know ducati996 here was picking up his 2520 and I met him at the dealership. While we were waiting, there was this 3720 cab tractor that didn't yet have a loader on it. We sat in it and thought, "gee, this isn't that big." But it was. Anyway, if I had a larger shed, I'd probably have one in it! :thThumbsU

·
The Magnificent
20,952 Posts
Oh, a yuppie now, are we? Why don't you keep the current BMW and import a Porsche or Lamborghini tractor?

:greendr:

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,390 Posts
Oh, a yuppie now, are we? Why don't you keep the current BMW and import a Porsche or Lamborghini tractor?

:greendr:
Now that would be cool!!!!!!:greendr:
Guy we used to buy round bales from had a Lamborghini tractor. Nice piece of machinery.:fing32:
They are now Deutz-Fahr. New ones are nice too.!!!!

Attachments

·
Retired and Busy!
10,175 Posts
itsbob

:ROF Forgive me... I'm not laughing at you but kind'a with you! Me and many others here feel your pain! I have wanted a bigger tractor almost from the first day I brought my 2305 home 2 years ago, and it has done 99% of everything reasonable I have asked of it. It just gets in your blood and how you can stand driving by the dealership each day is beyond me! That most certainly must be very painful. Doesn't that hurt your neck each day? I would have to try and change my routing. I will say one thing... 4 BIL's borrowing my tractor? You're a better man than I am... something would have to give! :fing20: :ROF :fing32:

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
The thing that scares me about Deutz-Fahr and other small companies is parts
down the road. The nearest Deutz-Fahr dealer to me is about 100 miles away.
I really like the looks and videos I've seen of Krone equipment but once again
will they be here for me in 10-20 years?

·
JD RULES
1,026 Posts
Bigger is ALWAYS better isn't it??!!
Hi itsbob ,

That's what she said !!!

I believe your going through a mid life crisis ... :ROF

Later,x595

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Well well well.. coming from a JD and a BMW bike owner.. I would buy the bike after reading your first post. The 3XXX is a big tractor. Let me ask you about your 7x12 trailer... you want to haul the new rig on there with a loader? How many axles? what is the load capacity? what are you towing it with?

·
Great Site Good People
6,656 Posts
Those 3000 series tractors are soooo nice! If I ever get one, it will be an
additional tractor in the family. I still drool over TG pictures from inside his
cab.:eck21:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts