My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a few Gravely tractors over 35 years ago. I'm recently retired from the fire department but still work some in the landscape business I started in the early 70's. Now that I have time I recently bought four very similar models that I had, when I first started my business, to restore. I have the following Gravely's.
1975 817 four wheel tractor
1966 L 1 walk behind
1984 8260 walk behind
1974 Commercial 12 walk behind
All with several attachments and sulkys

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Glad you joined!
:wwp: If you need easy Picture help

·
Resident John Deere Tech
1,678 Posts
welcome!!!!! what part of Indiana?

i am just over the border in IL, just south of chicago!

·
Small Engine Tech
1,481 Posts
Welcome fellow Hoosier, what part of the state you from. My wife and I hail from Kokomo, about an hour north of Indianapolis. Mike and Michele T

·
Premium Member
5,153 Posts
Welcome rhittle!

There are tools available for resizing your pix. See the thread that Sonny posted.

It's great that so many new folks are popping up here!

·
I Love All Color Tractors
22,321 Posts
:Welcome1:

Its great to have another Gravely nut around to talk iron. Enjoy yourself.

·
Gravely bug bit.
8,735 Posts
Welcome!

Indiana, been there a few times and snuck something out of there bigger than a bread box.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just checked out your pics over on yahoo. That 817 looks brand new - great job!
Believe it or not, I bought it that way. It was my first of the four I have now. I bought it about 2 1/2 years ago and it looked that way then. I seen it on ebay and got excited and bid on it before i even looked to see where it was located. No body hardly bid on it and I one it with the first bid. The owner ask the bidding start at $700 and I bid $725. The mower deck and snow blade look just as new. There are a few scratches to touch up and the seat has splits in it. Other wise it is restored. By the way, the tractor was 7 miles from my house. What luck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts