My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to buy a new tractor soon, being its the end of the season and they won't be as bad on my wallet as in spring. but i want something to mow my yard with..its not a huge yard.. and pull a cart and the other main thing we'll be using it for is to till the garden. i dont want a dinky hope depot/lowes version or anything. i want something thats going to last 25+ years. it dosent need to be 4 wheel drive or anything. i want at LEAST 16 or 18 horse. i am willing to spend around the 5-6,000 range with a tiller. give some take some. suggestions on models?

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
If your talking brand spankin new your going to be spending about $7300 for a JD X500, 48" deck and 30" tiller. Simplicity Conquest with a 36" tiller about the same. These are list prices.
If your talking used I would check out http://www.lawnpower.com/used-inventory/
They also ship anywhere in the US. slkpk

·
Premium Member
8,000 Posts
I agree with slkpk. That $5000 to $6000 range is only going to get you a tractor without the tiller if you're going to buy something new from JD, CC or Simplicity.

The only alternative that might fit your price range is the new Dixon. It's supposed to be a true garden tractor with a sleeve hitch for under $3000, and then you could add a tiller to that, but I'm not sure what options there are for a good tiller on that model.

·
Super Moderator
16,532 Posts
The only new garden tractor with a tiller that would be in your price range would be a GT2542 with a 30inch Hydraulic tiller maybe a GT2544 sale price $3,799
GT2542 sale price $3,499
Electric lift sleeve hitch $648.00 needed for tiller
30inch Hydraulic tiller $2,200 might be a little less can't remember
:thThumbsU

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
buy used. an old series JD x4-- or x5-- will be a totally capable machine, pretty much the equivalent of an x7--

1 - 5 of 5 Posts