My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
:howdy:That mower is sharp, looks like a hot rod from the 50's. I bet you would be the **** of the walk, back in the day. Mowing grass in the hood with it. Is the hood, metal or glass? :smilie_fl

·
Yardmaster
4 Posts
1959 Porter Cable Yardmaster Mark 26

Well, in my post from January I said I might put some gas in the old Yardmaster and see if she'd start. I did that today and to my amazement, she fired on about the 3rd pull and thumped to life consistently on the 5th pull. There was no engine smoke and the compression is as new. I do think my dad rebuilt the engine before it got parked for so many years. I posted a video of the event today on youtube:

While I am sentimentally attached to her, I am considering selling it. As pointed out in the post from January, it is original except for the deck wheels and is missing one of the rubber foot-rest pads on the deck. I don't know how many of these mowers PC made, but they seem to be very rare and almost all I have seen were missing something. This one is complete and now, I can confidently say in running (servicable) condition. If you have interest in this mower, PM me. I don't intend to try to take advantage of anyone as far as price but don't want to give it away either. If any interested party is an equipment dealer, I would do a partial trade for a Honda 2000i COMPANION generator. Regardless, it was an incredible feeling to hear the old engine thump to life today.
Jack

·
Registered
1 Posts
1959 Porter Cable Yardmaster Mark 26

Well, in my post from January I said I might put some gas in the old Yardmaster and see if she'd start. I did that today and to my amazement, she fired on about the 3rd pull and thumped to life consistently on the 5th pull. There was no engine smoke and the compression is as new. I do think my dad rebuilt the engine before it got parked for so many years. I posted a video of the event today on youtube:

While I am sentimentally attached to her, I am considering selling it. As pointed out in the post from January, it is original except for the deck wheels and is missing one of the rubber foot-rest pads on the deck. I don't know how many of these mowers PC made, but they seem to be very rare and almost all I have seen were missing something. This one is complete and now, I can confidently say in running (servicable) condition. If you have interest in this mower, PM me. I don't intend to try to take advantage of anyone as far as price but don't want to give it away either. If any interested party is an equipment dealer, I would do a partial trade for a Honda 2000i COMPANION generator. Regardless, it was an incredible feeling to hear the old engine thump to life today.
Jack
I have one complete and is 99 restored

21 - 24 of 24 Posts