My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Eska mark 5 after 2 years i get it, had to keep asking about it he keeped for getting he had it. today it's mine $25.00 i thought it would cost alot more but i would have gone a $100.00, just needs to be clean up run really good and cuts nice but we had snow today so didn't cut to much. it's adont know what year it is. pic thanks for looking

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
I haven't seen one of them in years. I like the rear fenders. slkpk

·
Registered
444 Posts
I've never seen one of those models. Where do you put your feet when mowing?

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
That thing looks to be in near mint original condition! Whatever you do don't restore it! Clean it up, that's it.

Nice.
MU

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hello!! it's missing the hood but it's in great shape still looking for more info and picture I talked to a guy last night online says he has one but it's red and white, and also missing the hood it looks like in order to work on the engine you would have to take the hood off. I wish I had it thanks for the reply's try and get some more pics

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
info some what

In 1959 the Porter-Cable Machine Company encouraged buyers to hop on its Yard Master mower and "watch the crowds gather." To many, lawns represented status that could be sowed. Today they cover more U.S. land--25 million acres--than any single crop. You’ll be the envy of the neighborhood when you drive the Porter-Cable Yard Master across your land. With its sleek automotive styling, it’s the world’s most beautiful, and practical, lawn rider. You’ll instantly recognize how different and superior it is.

·
Yardmaster
4 Posts
I have one too...

Glad to have discovered this forum. I have inherited my Dad’s one-owner 1959 Porter Cable Yardmaster. The machine is 98% original and not restored (although some panels have been painted). The only parts not original are the small wheels at the trailing edge of the mower deck and the small bracket shown bracing the carburetor to the top of the engine (done to minimize carburetor vibration-but can be removed and nothing was modified for this attachment). My father did some work on the engine several years ago and I know it was in running condition when he parked it. The engine turns freely and has as-new compression (he may have installed new rings but I am not certain-he was a stickler for caring for tools and implements and was an excellent mechanic as well). All that I know of that it needs is the correct (I believe still available) small wheels for the mower deck and the rubber foot grip strips that go on the top of the mower deck. The front tires are serviceable but worn. The rear tires are good (although newer than the mower I believe-but correct in tread pattern and size). I know all of these things because I was the primary user from new (I’d have been around 7 years old and just turned 60) and until sometime into the late1960’s when he acquired a 42” Craftsman garden tractor. The TYPE number on the original mfg plate is: 24388 and the S/N is: 13953. I also found the original owner’s manual which is in near mint condition. Maybe I’ll change the oil and give her a tug this weekend…
Jack

Attachments

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
:MTF_wel2:Airstream Buff, we're glad you found us too. That is a beautiful old mower. Being a fan of the Porter Cable woodworking tools makes me really want one of those mowers.:fing32:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts