My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally found the Toro I was looking for. Saw it on the local CL early this week, told him I couldn't get up there until Friday evening or Saturday morning. He was nice enough to hold it for me until yesterday evening. I traded him a couple of my mowers, the 10415, which I'm not going to miss, and the 10324 (I might regret that). He fixes-up mowers on the side for a little extra cash. I would have kept all of the mowers, but I just simply don't have the room. Plus, I've REALLY been wanting one of these Recyclers! It's a model 20211, 1991 year, with the 5HP Suzuki 4-stroke. Yeah, yeah now I HAVE to have a can of straight gas in the garage! It's in decent shape, the paint's faded, and you can see in the last pic there's a crack in the rear of the deck. Might get my old man to weld that up, he's an awesome TIG welder! Runs like a top though! The only downside is that I have to wait until tomorrow morning to cut with it :crybaby: On to the pics!

Attachments

·
Banned
864 Posts
loveleh

·
4K Poster!!!!
5,069 Posts
Nice machine! I know how ya feel about having to keep straight gas around. Did you ever figure out what was the problem with the DF warm start issues?

·
OMC & Ariens lover!
1,296 Posts
i also know what ya mean bout the strait gas.thank fully im the only one that mows anymore and i keep the toros gas strapped to the mower so it cant wander off and i grab it by accident and fuel one of the lawn boys.but your going to freak on how nice it mulches,just make sure you keep the passage to the trap door clean!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice machine! I know how ya feel about having to keep straight gas around. Did you ever figure out what was the problem with the DF warm start issues?
Thanks for the comment! I never could figure-out why it was having trouble on warm starts....it was one of the one's I traded, and I told the guy about it. He'll probably figure it out quickly.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just make sure you keep the passage to the trap door clean!
Yup, that looks to be a sore point on these. As you might could see in the pics, most of the paint is gone in that area, I'll keep it clean.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One thing I'm noticing while running it.....it seems to surge when the blade isn't engaged, but it levels out once it is engaged. Maybe a governor adjustment issue?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its fine -the bbc dosnt put enough load on the engine when its not engaged
Thanks Dan, I was hoping it was something like that. This is the first BBC mower I've owned, so I have to get used to their "quirks".

·
Registered
412 Posts
I picked up one of these from CL freestuff last year. All it it needed was a shoulder bolt for a height adjuster. Runs great.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did the first mow with it this morning....man that thing cuts good! It's a great bagger, too! I need to find a mulch plug for it. You won't throw this thing around corners like an old LB, though, it's a big and heavy beast!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hi Brian1980 - great score on the TORO / you will get spoiled using it.
Those Suzuki 4 stroke motors are fantastic / must be commercial quality.

Got the following one running last week, and now retired my Craftsman / Briggs mower.
(my TORO starts 1st pull, is so light / powerful / nice clean cut, with few if any clippings = no raking)

I bought a new LawnBoy M series push mower, back in the late 80's - it's a little heavy to turn, after badly spraining my wrist years ago.
I wish I knew obout the Suzuki powered Toro back then. My old Toro is a keeper now.

TORO 20526C push mower 21" Recycler w/Suzuki 4 stroke - Mine is 1987-89 I think:

--------------------------------------
Beaumont { :>)) www.petperfectexpress.com
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=135888 http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=136600&page=3
1992 JD 318 original paint w/484 hr. on P218g Onan & #49 snow blower / 1998 JD GT262 w/brand new Kawasaki OHV & 48" rebuilt deck
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=135838
[/QUOTE]

·
Resident Man Of Many Hats
2,641 Posts
We've had a few of those, those Suzuki motors are bulletproof. If it surges a bit it's just due to the bbc not being engaged. All of ours both 2 and 4 cycle did that, nothing extreme but it is noticeable. Anyhow nothing to worry about it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts