My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just bought a 1980 YM2000D. Everything worked properly when we looked it over at the owner's place. He didn't seem to know much about the machine and made some guesses as to what did what, particularly the hydraulics. He twisted a few things and mucked with a couple of other things so he may have inadvertently caused the problem we're currently experiencing.

He claims that all the hydraulics and transmission work off of one pump and reservoir. That's very different from our Ford so I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this problem.

Everything seems intact and not leaking yet when we tilt the bucket up to load it with sheep shed bedding (not a heavy load) the bucket quickly tilts down and loses part of the load. It does this when the tractor is off and when it's on. Driving the load to the compost pile I have to keep my hand on the tilt control or lose the load on the drive. That would be a good thing to fix sooner rather than later.

Also need all the documentation; owner's, parts and service manuals. Would prefer them on CD but I'll be grateful to get them in any format that's available.

I've taken the liberty of posting a few pictures of the Little Green Giant.

To Mark777 for his willingness to share his experience and information with me before we bought this machine.:thanku:

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
could be a bad valve, is it joy stick or 2 stick?

·
Retired MTF Admin
11,156 Posts
Just bought a 1980 YM2000D.

He claims that all the hydraulics and transmission work off of one pump and reservoir.

That would be a good thing to fix sooner rather than later.

Also need all the documentation; owner's, parts and service manuals. Would prefer them on CD but I'll be grateful to get them in any format that's available.

Hello IMF and congratulations :trink40:

Pretty sure it's earlier than 1980 as they stopped production in the late '70's (77?).

Yes, fixing it NOW would be a good thing as manually holding the lever is a great strain on the pump and could eventually do damage :praying:

All the hydraulics normally run off of one pump...and it's very capable too. If your front 'lift-tilt' rams are not leaking then it's possible (probable) you have debris in the loader control valve. With the tractor "Off" and your 3PH and FEL down, you can service the loader control valve. You will see a plug in the pressure set/relief valve that you can open and examine for torn, pinched or broken "O" rings, rust or dirt that is allowing you TILT hydraulics to bypass.

Many dealers have the parts and service manuals on CD and they run around $35-$40 each. I have some from LMTC (Little Miami Trading Co.) but others supply similar products. Even with the manual you may discover that they don't cover attachments like your loader...so, it's going to be a "Inspect & Repair" on your own. They (Loader hydraulics) are not too difficult and the repairs are pretty straight forward.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Nice pictures btw :fing32:

Mark

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello IMF and congratulations :trink40:

Yes, fixing it NOW would be a good thing as manually holding the lever is a great strain on the pump and could eventually do damage :praying:

All the hydraulics normally run off of one pump...and it's very capable too. If your front 'lift-tilt' rams are not leaking then it's possible (probable) you have debris in the loader control valve. With the tractor "Off" and your 3PH and FEL down, you can service the loader control valve. You will see a plug in the pressure set/relief valve that you can open and examine for torn, pinched or broken "O" rings, rust or dirt that is allowing you TILT hydraulics to bypass.

Mark
Thanks for the tip on the lever holding damage potential, we'll hold off on using the FEL until we get this issue sorted out.

Guess I'll have some stupid questions until I score some manuals so here's the first one. Where's the pressure set/relief valve located?

Thanks and I'll let you know how it goes. By the way does anybody ever use the first 3 speeds in regular operation, they seem very, very, low?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Mark
Really don't see anything like that on the loader control body so I took some pictures. Is the plug in the pressure set/relief valve in either of these shots?

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hmmmm,

Usually, there is an "Acorn" nut that covers the adjustment screws...not always though. I think you have a 'Sauer Danfoss' style control valve and it might be where the four set screws are located at the back of your valve.

Is there a brand name on the loader valve....or numbers?
Here's what's on top of the loader valve:

Cessna
Made in USA

8CC

The hoses are labeled A, B, C, and D (you can see the lettering on one of the pictures on my last post)

·
Registered
834 Posts
I still think you need to switch hoses before tearing into something. You can eliminate a bad cylinder that way. just a thought.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I still think you need to switch hoses before tearing into something. You can eliminate a bad cylinder that way. just a thought.
That's a great idea. Rest assured I'm not tearing into anything until I've got as much information about the problem as possible. I've done too many of these in my life rushing into situations I'm not comfortable with :banghead3

1 - 11 of 11 Posts