1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend will sell me his 1972 wheel horse. It is very very heavy duty
The tires are 26 x 12 x 12.
I don't have a model no yet.

It comes with a large mower deck, rototiller, 3 point hitch, furrow plow, and set of discs.

It has gauges galore, including engine hours, oil temperature and pressure, and 2 more.

It has left and right brakes to turn on a dime.

It is no lawnmower, but has the weight and build of a real tractor.

How do I find the model number and what about replacing parts?

It needs two new mufflers, an alternator, one rear tire, and belts for the belly mower.

I'm brand new to this and need some advice.

Thanks

Larry

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok Duh! I recall seeing D-200 on the side.
I've looked at the wheel horse pictures and this looks heavier duty than any I've seen so far. Thick plates on the sides and a very large gas tank behind the seat.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Sounds like a D model, they are big. I use one to snow blow my long driveway. Be careful about using those steering brakes, I've heard that they are really hard on the transmission.
Like the wise man said, a pic is worth a 1000 words!

·
16,804 Posts
Welcome aboard to the W/H world!! :Welcome1::Welcome1:

As TDB stated--if , indeed it is a "D" series, they were after 74. Prior to that time, it was either GT-14, or the number series...

How in the world did you manage to find that in Texas? Had to be a transplant....Tell us this story--and need some pictures...Pls!

·
16,804 Posts
Also check out Gerry's current thread about his huge snowblower up in Vermont...Something claled a "Vermonster".....:thThumbsU

There's another member close by me (Doug)- (73 Wheelhorse) that has an 18 Auto that he used all last winter to plow snow..and it was a bad winter, for this area...

glenn

·
Registered
933 Posts
Welcome aboard! Nice find, that is a beast of a tractor!

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have a D160, I think they are all the same size just bigger engines. I live in Mi and this D series WH is the best snow plowing garden tractor i have ever had. Later paul

·
Oldbie
1,605 Posts
I have the 1974 D-200. I have used it to pull out small stumps. Worked pretty good.
I also have a D-250 (for sale).
Manuals I believe are still available on the toro website.

Have fun with it!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Cool nice find pm if you have any questions
Doug

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: New to wheelhorse - found a D-200

As I mentioned, I found a D-200. I bought it, put new tires on it after cleaning up the wheels and repainting them. We got it to start, but the choke/cold start cable is frozen . Where can I get a replacement?

The mufflers are also shot. How can I redo the mufflers? The local auto parts place has nothing close to them.

I also need a manual. Operations and parts.

Thanks for the help!

Larry

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
under the ignition switch is a plate

1 - 18 of 18 Posts