My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone I'm Bob from the catskill mts. in NY state. I just purchased a
Power King tractor at an estate sale I have a reciept from the dealer saying it was purchased April 20, 1998. model no. 01812 serial # 002004596 as close as I can read it it could be DO , the first two numbers. It has a 48 inch mowing deck on it and the fellow was mowing with it right up to his death.
I would apreciate any information on this tractor it has very wide tires on the rear that measure 60 inches in width I had to measure to fit it in my trailer
I also have an owners manual for 1600/2400 Series Gear Tractors

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Glad you joined!
:wwp: If you need easy Picture help
Be sure to Register for Your State!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does anyone know what year they stopped making PK's the tractor was purchased in
1998 I assumed it was new when he got it Igot a ton of paper work with it that he had saved in a plastic envelope Ialso have the manual for Model60048 48" rotary mower

·
Registered
200 Posts
i think from 1946 to 1994 was the last year they was made ,im geussing yours is the fiberglass model. search powerking tractors on the web, you will find some imfo, what do you want to know??

·
Still plays with tractors
2,285 Posts

·
Still plays with tractors
2,285 Posts
Yeah, any serial number chart I've seen ends in 1994 and I've had dealers tell me 96 but none of them seem 100% sure. I at one time had heard why the serial number chart ended in 94 but, for the life of me, I can't remember the reason. I think it was because it was the last one published before the "problems" started. There was a lot of inner turmoil in the company and record keeping was not what it should have been.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts