My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I have been lurking for a while. I bought a 187D Yanmar with a fel back in March. Can not imagine how I lived with out a tractor! Mainly used to work on some hunting land in eastern NC. Great site with good information.

Scott

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Welcome from Bahama, glad to have you here.

·
Registered
586 Posts
:Welcome1:Welcome to the Forum.... As you can see we always want pictures.:wwp:

·
16,809 Posts
Glad to have you on-board!! Show us those pictures...

glenn

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here are a few pics of my 187D.

Thanks for the welcome.:fing32:

Attachments

·
ManCave Dweller
38 Posts
Welcome Scott! Nice, Very Nice Yanny!
BTW-Where did those wider wheels and tires come from? My 1610d has the “Rice Rims & Chinese Tires” still on it and front loader is wearing out the 5-14s and the box blade is wearing out the rears.
Love the Profile Look of Your 187d- NICE!
Charlie
:thThumbsU

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've got the same model...looks exactly the same wide tires, loader and all - cept yours is a lot cleaner. Mine has surface rust that I'm slowing working on, now it has a role model. :thThumbsU

·
16,809 Posts
Just noticed two of you folks are in N. Carolina--maybe you can get together...:fing32:

·
Registered
586 Posts
Nice ride. I do like the look of those beefy rear tires!!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the kind words....I have really enjoyed using this tractor. I was fortunate to find this one owner this past spring. By the looks, you can tell it was kept inside most of its life....the front end loader was added in the past 10 years.

I thought the tires were huge the first time I saw them as well. But after looking in the retail brochure, found this was an option. Rear tires are 12.4 x 16. It has 6 x 12 on the front.

My next conquest is a YM122 or YM146 or Gt14...........anybody have a preference and if so why?

Thanks,

Scott

·
Retired MTF Admin
11,156 Posts
My next conquest is a YM122 or YM146 or Gt14...........anybody have a preference and if so why?

Thanks,

Scott

Hi Scott and Welcome to MTF!

IMO,

YM122 - Extremely rare model.
YM146 - Although built for import to the U.S., another model becoming hard to get parts for. It may take two to make one good one.

Tractors these sizes and HP would be better supported in the grey market lineup...probably starting with the YM1401(D).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts