My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Be easy on me I'm new to PK's . . . a friend of mine told me he has an Economy he'd like to get rid of so I went and looked at it this afternoon, forgot to take my camera though so no pics sorry to say (wasn't thinking).

It was a 1974 serial #31597, with a 48" mower deck and no hydraulics. 14hp Kohler which is not running but probably just needs a fuel pump. I'm familiar with Kohler's from my background building Kohler pulling tractor engines. I come from the Bolens Tube Frame area and am out of my comfort zone as to why I need another tractor especially something a larger than what I now have? (Already have 3 Bolens tube frames and all attachments)

It is probably a tad large for my "homestead" which has less than 3/4 acre to mow. I'm looking at this as a tractor I can add hydraulics to and build a small loader, which was my plan for my Bolens (which is to small for a loader). Not sure why I want a loader but it would be a fun project along with restoring the PK and eventually using it.

All in all the PK is in fair shape and needs some TLC and cleaning. Tires are in humble shape. I have not discussed price with him yet but it doesn't sound like it's going to be all that much and more what I think it's worth, deal would be to not sell it right after I buy it though. He has a 2414 now with all attachments and he has no desire or time to try and sell the Economy and he needs it gone.

I've taken some time to read through your forum . . . So what say all the PK gurus do I try and make a deal for sub $500?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Sounds like a good starting price for a non-runner without hydro's. Does it have one or two transmissions? That will change the value some -- two are far more desireable and add more value.

Keep us informed on if you get it. And as always -- Post pictures if you get it!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts