My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1988 John Deere 430
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon,

My name is Jon. Just wanted to introduce myself. Been a JD GT fan for a few years. Started when I was in Highschool with a 210 and 214. I plowed snow with my brother. Upgraded to a 420 and 318 and quickly paid those off. Since then moved away from home and bought a house. Bought a 430 last year and have loved it since. My dad has his 430 and the old 420 and my younger brother has two 318s.

Me:
JD 430 w/ 3 point and Rear PTO
60" & 50" Decks
54" Blade
Model 47" 2 Stage Snow Blower
3pt Sprayer
Hard-Sided Cozy Cab

Dad:
430 with Loader and Backhoe w/ foot controls
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Green

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Tractor Vehicle Automotive tire

420 with 54" Blade

Younger Brother:
318 with 54" Blade
318 with 48" Mower Deck

Thanks for letting me join the forums!

·
Super Moderator
43,926 Posts
Good Afternoon,

My name is Jon. Just wanted to introduce myself. Been a JD GT fan for a few years. Started when I was in Highschool with a 210 and 214. I plowed snow with my brother. Upgraded to a 420 and 318 and quickly paid those off. Since then moved away from home and bought a house. Bought a 430 last year and have loved it since. My dad has his 430 and the old 420 and my younger brother has two 318s.

Me:
JD 430 w/ 3 point and Rear PTO
60" & 50" Decks
54" Blade
Model 47" 2 Stage Snow Blower
3pt Sprayer
Hard-Sided Cozy Cab

Dad:
430 with Loader and Backhoe w/ foot controls View attachment 2556792
View attachment 2556793
View attachment 2556794
View attachment 2556791
420 with 54" Blade

Younger Brother:
318 with 54" Blade
318 with 48" Mower Deck

Thanks for letting me join the forums!
Welcome to MTF! Lots of information here and great members to help and share with, enjoy the site. Very nice 430 and BH and other attachments and weights. Is that a 50" deck on that? Normally you see a 60" deck but not too many with 50" shaft drive decks.

Here is some site navigation assistance in case you need it:

Font Parallel Technology Slope Screenshot

·
Registered
4,482 Posts
Welcome from Michigan. Looks like you are a pro with all that good looking equipment!!

You certainly landed in the right place for equipment.

·
Likes Vintage JDs
11,840 Posts
Welcome!

You guys keep your equipment in great condition.👍 The 430s are absolute beasts. I think all of us would love see/learn more about your dad’s backhoe set up. (Maybe start a new thread to showcase the machines?) That is quite the compact TLB he has there. 👍👍

·
Registered
1988 John Deere 430
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, everyone, My father is a machinist and loves his 430 with his setup a lot. He tries to use it for as many tasks as possible. I wouldn't say he is secretive but he doesn't like being asked a lot of questions so as far as a write-up on his backhoe and foot controls setups is probably a long way out. We try to keep all our tractors in the best shape possible. I think our 430s have roughly 1400 hours, the 420 has about 1100 and I am unsure about my brother's 318s. We always believed in taking care of our equipment and it will take care of you. BTW from North of Reading, PA.

·
Registered
1988 John Deere 430
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome to MTF! Lots of information here and great members to help and share with, enjoy the site. Very nice 430 and BH and other attachments and weights. Is that a 50" deck on that? Normally you see a 60" deck but not too many with 50" shaft drive decks.

Here is some site navigation assistance in case you need it:

View attachment 2556829
It is a 50" deck, since that photo I have started to use my 60" deck more often. I don't like to inconsistency of the deck levelness due to the design. The 60" is more robust and has a better chance of staying where you put it.

·
Registered
1988 John Deere 430
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We do not, it seems every time one comes up it's about 3 weeks too late. That being said, I'd like to, but just seems to be always catching up with work around the house or helping out a family member or friend. A few days ago my dad regraded my uncle's yard around his new pole building.

·
Likes Vintage JDs
11,840 Posts
Copy that about your dad. Maybe you could just grab a few more photos showing some of the details, and post them up for us to ogle?

Btw, is it an actual JD backhoe, or did he just paint it green and add decals? If JD, do you happen to know the model?

·
Registered
1988 John Deere 430
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can try and snag a few photos. It was originally a Brantley Backhoe that he modified to fit the 420 originally. I believe they made them to fit the 400s? I could be wrong about that. Once he obtained his 430 he swapped everything over to it.

·
Premium Member
7,582 Posts
Great looking 430 and 420! welcome from central Ohio!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts