My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this up from my neighbor for 2000 dollars. Its a 1994 with the 22re and a 5spd. Front brakes have been redone in the last 6,000 miles and the rear end has new brakes, seals and bearings. The only thing wrong with it is the drivers door can not be unlocked from the outside and the dash panel that goes over the gauge cluster is missing. Other than that everything is great on it. It does have a little rust on the drivers side of the bed. Its small enough that I can coat it with rust converter or build a patch panel.

Any how here is some pictures.

Rust damage. Its a lot better than most Yota's that are around here.

Interior is in pretty good shape for a 94. The seat is missing a chunk on the drivers side and the dash panel for the gauge cluster is missing. Other than that its in good shape.

Thats all the pictures I have of it for now. Comments and questions are welcome.

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Nice truck. My mom had a 1991 4x4 with the 3VZE V6 and 5spd. I put an SR5 60/40 split bench seat out of an extended cab in. It started to rust bad and she sold it for almost what she had paid

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice truck. I had one just like it. I kindof wish i still had it. Lol. Just keep an eye on the frame for rot and you should be alright.

Sent from the MTF Free App

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I think I got a good deal on it for 2 grand. I have seen these trucks go for twice that around here. The frame and floors are solid on this truck. The truck came out of southern va so their climate is really close to the one here. I plan on keeping for at least 2 years or until I need something bigger.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Tahoe. I saw one the other day the same color as mine with a 4in lift and it was beautiful. I am going to wait about a year before I start lifting and modifying it. I might build a set of bumpers and hang a winch on it in the mean time.

·
Premium Member
6,757 Posts
I bought new a 89 v6 owned it for 20 years, only put 161k on the clock, still had original alt & clutch when I traded it.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
A freind of mine has been running Toyota pick up of that era for years. The only problem he has had is rear ends going bad right around that mileage. I suggest you change rear end oil.

·
Super Moderator
31,968 Posts
Thats a awesome little truck, and it looks in realy nice shape!!

I dont know if all parts of the country have it.. but up here that era toy is under a recall for frame rot. If it falls under the recall you can get a whole new frame for it! My BIL has one about the same vintage and got his done last year. Its a whole new leasse on life!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Nice 'Yota, I had a '93 SR5 ex cab 4 cyl 5spd.

I loved that truck wish I still had it. Nice thing was you could put 31's o it and did not have to do anything to them.

Great ride height for a stock truck.

Brings back memories....:thThumbsU

·
16,615 Posts

I dont know if all parts of the country have it.. but up here that era toy is under a recall for frame rot. If it falls under the recall you can get a whole new frame for it! My BIL has one about the same vintage and got his done last year. Its a whole new leasse on life!

Paul is right --there was a factory recall from Toyota--
I had my newer (2002) done about a year ago--they use a special gum/epoxy based under liner that takes a couple days to really dryu good--they did a really good job, even though I had no rust.

The interior parts you need ought to be readly available at local junk yards--especially if they have the 'pull your own type".
Unlocking door problem sounds like just pulling the inner door panel and check the backside of lock and all linkages....

P.S.--and Toyota pickups hold their value.:thThumbsU

glenn

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A freind of mine has been running Toyota pick up of that era for years. The only problem he has had is rear ends going bad right around that mileage. I suggest you change rear end oil.
The rearend has new seals and bearings. The gear oil was replaced when all of that was done.

The frame on this truck is solid. Doesnt even have surface rust. The only rust on the whole truck is the drivers side bed.

Nice 'Yota, I had a '93 SR5 ex cab 4 cyl 5spd.

I loved that truck wish I still had it. Nice thing was you could put 31's o it and did not have to do anything to them.

Great ride height for a stock truck.

Brings back memories....:thThumbsU

Thanks Fletch. I love this little truck. I am running 31's under it right now. I really like the ride height and the way its geared. I hope I have this thing for quite a while.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A little update on the truck.

Last night I pulled the front mudflaps off. One was barely hanging on so I figured that it was time to pull them off. I did find a rust hole on the drivers side front inner fender. I will be ordering a new inner fender in the next three months for it.

Today I drove it 160 miles and it ran great. This truck runs on the cool side. The temp gauge barely moved the whole trip. I will be keeping an eye on this. I guess I am just used to a car that would run hot all the time. Time will tell if there is an issue.

I did get lots of complements on the truck. Had other people that were driving Toyota mini trucks giving me thumbs up and waving. I thought that was pretty cool. I saw some trucks today that gave me some ideas on what to do with mine. I might lift it in the future but till then I am just going to do a cosmetic restoration on it. Do some rust repair here and there and try to clean up the outside a little more.

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
My moms always ran a little cool, but the gauge did come up to just below 1/2. Heater however blew HOT so it was really up to temp.. With the gauge not moving late may in NC it may not have a thermostat so it's something to check.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
My moms always ran a little cool, but the gauge did come up to just below 1/2. Heater however blew HOT so it was really up to temp.. With the gauge not moving late may in NC it may not have a thermostat so it's something to check.
I did not think of it not having a thermostat. The gauge barely moved over the cold line. I drove it 160 miles yesterday in 90 degree heat and it never moved. I am going to check if it has a thermostat. I will let you know what I find.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got bored today at a friend of mines house. The yota handled everything I threw at it with ease. Only had one hiccup the whole trip. On my way to the car wash the truck was shaking violently. All the mud threw one of my wheels off balance. Any how here is the pictures from todays fun. I did take the truck to the car wash right after playing in the mud. I did however make the rust hole in the quarter panel a little larger. I guess it looks like I will be doing rust repair a little sooner than I thought.:thThumbsU

Here is the pictures at the car wash. I think this is the cleanest this truck has been in at least a year. The F150 belongs to MTF member Jon318.

When I got home I got a phone call from my neighbor. He had gotten his zero turn mower stuck in the ditch. I don't have any pictures of getting him out sadly. He gave me this brand new light bar that he had on his F150. It doesnt fit my truck but I have access to his welder so I will be doing some modifications to it next week. All in all today has been a pretty good day.

·
Briggs powered Sears.
2,856 Posts
yuck a toyota lol

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yuck a toyota lol
Man I love this little truck. I had a S10 for years but it finally wore out. Don't get me wrong it was a great truck but it stayed in the shop a whole lot more than any yota's we have had. I want to get a fullsize chevy to play with but for the time being this little truck does everything I want and need.

·
Briggs powered Sears.
2,856 Posts
yea my truck has fits once in a while but all trucks will if you beat on them lol

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yea my truck has fits once in a while but all trucks will if you beat on them lol
This is true. I will say this that S10 was a tough little truck. I know we put it through **** and back thats for sure.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts