My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a new-to-me 2002 TC25. 800 hours.
Good cosmetic shape, a little fading on the rear fenders. Needs a front tire.
Some hoses replaced. No cylinder or fitting leaks.

I'm reasonably mechanically inclined - cars, boats, motorcycles, etc. I have very little tractor or diesel-specific experience, other than a little work on Mercedes Benz late 1970s diesels.

For reference, I bought the tractor for $6900 with a front end loader. It was priced well enough that despite the fact that I don't have maintenance history, I felt like taking that risk.

So here's what I need - with 800 hours on it, suggested maintenance... And references with as much detail as you can give me... I appreciate the insight an experience.

·
10,839 Posts
Grab a manual for it, and change every speck of oil and fluid in it. That is, if you don't know the history on it, or even when or if the engine oil was last changed. This will create a baseline, that you can track from here on out.

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Change all of the filters too while you're at it. Plus check any belts for proper tension, and if they look worn, replace them before they fail.

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Check the owner's manual for the New Holland part numbers, and then you should be able to cross reference them to whatever brand you like. NAPA can probably cross reference all of them for you, oil filter, fuel filter, & hydraulic filter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts