My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
HAMMAN
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two Homelite T-16 H GTs but I amin need of extra parts for my Dads and to make the second one useable.I was looking at Ebay and say one on a make an offer. I looked it over and say it was in Milan. Well I thought Milan, MI., and I made an offer. Then I saw it was Milan, MO.. OOPPS!!:banghead3 Well he accepted my offer. After explaining to the wife that this was going to possibly make a couple of other tractors come to life again she approved.(always have to have that) On Friday 2/10 my son and I took off bright and early for a two day trip with one night in Davenport IA.. It took us a little over 12hrs to get to Davenport. We got a motel room there, by the way dont stay at Motel 6 in Davenport. Not the cleanest and the rooms were not in great shape. We left there and checked into the AmeicInn in Davenport. Much nicer and better priced. We left the next morning for Milan, MO. and on the way we came across the Iowa 80 Truck Stop Largest truck stop in the world. Now my son, who is soon to be an owner of a Vintage Mack B-73 1962, we had to stop. Great place to stop. Next to it is the Iowa 80 Truck museum , another great place to stop. After looking around and taking pictures we were on the road again a little over an hour late. We traveled the next 252 miles to Milan where we me the owner, David. Nice guy, and went to his house to get the tractor. Now it is 24* with 30-45mph winds. His house is on the side of a hill and it is blowing hard. On the back of our truck we have a hard cover to cover the bed. The plan was to take this off put the tractor in , strap it down and leave. Cover wouldn't come off. So we had to take the seat pan off, air the tires up and then because the tractor wouldn't fit under the cover and to get the tailgate to close we had to remove the mowing deck and the rear wheels:crybaby:. After that he asked if I wanted to make an offer on a 40" trip dozer blade with frame. He had it listed on make an offer for $125.00. I told him I didn't have anything like that so he told me if I had $50.00 I could take it with me. That was all that I had left of spending money so I paid him and we took it apart and loaded it. After straping all of the goodies in the truck along with the ramps. We were just about froze when we finished up to head back home. Well we were there nearly an hour and half and that put us a little later getting on the road to go back home. On our way back out of MO. we decided that we would stay in Davenport one more night and leave in the morning to come back to MI.. We got back to the Iowa 80 Truck stop at 9:30pm. Had dinner and took some pictures. and went back to Davenport. We stayed the night at the same hotel got up Sunday morning and headed home getting back last evening late. Here are some pictures of the tractor on the truck and after unloading it. I didn't take any pics before loading due to it being so dang cold. I will post pictures of the trucks on the trucks forum. I have a few more of this one if anyone wants to see them. I plan on using the trip blade on my Dads tractor. This tractor has the rear lift on it ads well as the lift link that I will be transfereing to mine. :fing32:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I like it especially the head lights. It doesn't look to bad, the blade is what makes it I think. Its nothing like a good road trip to get a tractor. I can't wait to see the truck pictures.:fing32:

·
HAMMAN
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The mule drive for the mower has a pulley that is gone. Now the T-16 that was my dads has a differant style mule drive for the mower. I noticed that this one also has a differant style of front axel on it. The other one I bought has the same style of front axel as this one. All the other ones I have seen have the other style. That makes it odd because they were all Allis Chalmer built machines. From what I have seen the chrome and blue badges on the sides of the hood were exclusive to the Allis Chalmers made tractors. I checked the serial numbers and they are quite a ways apart. I noticed that the plate on the end of the carb is gone. It seems that someone has rewired the ignition on it and it has a car ign. coil on it. I have it tarped and tucked away for a few days until I can get room enough to get it in and pull the rear lift kit out of it. It has an electric lift on it but the PO didn't know it had one so I don't know at this time if it works. I'll get more into it in the next few weeks. :fing32:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.