My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i got the 15!! James was able to talk the guy down to $140. It starts and runs and drives really well. lots of torque too, even though the idle nees some work. Came with a 42" dozer and some tire chains. The ignition switch blew out and the guy put a push button start in it, so to turn it off i need to pull the plug wire on it. but overall, it runs well, the paints really not that bad, and it drives smooth. all i really need to do is put a key in, wire up the lights, and clean the carb (maybe) but other than that its good to go.

when i sold the 8XL, the guy was talking to me about my SS16. he had two, but sold them because he liked the customs and older suburbans better. he has a new nose cone, an 18hp onan, cast iron wheel weights, and some engine parts that he is bringing me next weekend, just because he didnt need them, and cause i asked for wheel weights :)

i stupidly forgot to take any pictures of it, but i took a video of it and it is uploading now.

ill take a picture in a few minutes once the video is done

ps, thanks again to james for moving the 15 and cleaning/rebuilding the pump on the 16 :thanku:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Just watched your vid Hugh,
Nice machine, I like those old Briggs.
Good luck, you will enjoy it I'm sure!

Keith

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not bad for the price you paid.
i think i really did well, it starts everytime, and runs pretty good. compared to the ss16 which ran, then didnt, then ran, then didnt

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and does anyone have the manual that they could email to me?

·
Registered
773 Posts
What is your email address. I have one I got from another member.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NOW its picture time

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,266 Posts

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is key information that the people NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Lookin' good Hugh. I might have to find me a SS Sears tractor some day.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
this thing is an absolute BRUTE tons of low end power

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So two things. One does anyone mow with their 14 or 15? And two, what would work well as floorbord material?

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,266 Posts
So two things. One does anyone mow with their 14 or 15? And two, what would work well as floorbord material?
Skate board tape or rubber diamond plate from harbor freight

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,266 Posts
Used a can of that Hard set Rhino Truck bed Liner on my Gilson works good.
Yeah that stuff is good too!! I am planning on my next restore to paint the underside of the frame, fenders, and running boards in that stuff too.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts