My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Slowly turning green...
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got it at a garage sale in Ardrossan for $50. Missing the hood, air filter assy. and oem muffler not to mention a horrible green paint job. The guy I got it from was actually a small engine repairman and had picked up the tractor with a bunch of other junk. One of the exhaust pipes is just held on by one bolt and one of the cylinders needs new rings but the engine does run.

Attachments

·
Simplicity Benn
1,574 Posts
you can make it pretty again! nice score.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,266 Posts
sweet!Looks like its a 1976-1979 maybe a GT18 with a twin Briggs??

·
Tractor hoarder/collector
2,456 Posts
Nope thats definately an Onan GT80...Im guessing its a late B series or even a nic P series 18hp onan!!!! could be a 20hp!! not correct engine but will work!!! at any rate $50 is a deal!!!!!

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,266 Posts
Nope thats definately an Onan GT80...Im guessing its a late B series or even a nic P series 18hp onan!!!! could be a 20hp!! not correct engine but will work!!! at any rate $50 is a deal!!!!!
Gotcha! it's the flywheels screen that threw me. Looks almost like a Briggs on the GT18's

·
Slowly turning green...
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Go Lobster!Give that thing the resto it deserves :fing32:
Not wanting to disappoint anyone, but I'm not planning on a restore. I have two sears tractors and I want to get both of them in running condition so i can use them as grunts. I'm saving up to buy a brand new craftsman to do all of the mowing, so my old sears tractors will be the workhorses.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
you would be surprised at how well they mow!! check out my ss16 mowing video!!!!

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
i'm a work clothes , kinda guy myself.

·
Addicted To Tractors
194 Posts
see shoulda kept that other twin from before and made one out of 2! lol good score lobster

·
Slowly turning green...
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
see shoulda kept that other twin from before and made one out of 2! lol good score lobster
Yea, that's what I was thinking, but I try not to kick myself over it because what's done is done.

·
15,000 +posts!
20,564 Posts
On my CCKB Onan on a welder,the exhaust & intake manifold are one unit,and Ithinkthere's only one 3/8" bolt on each side attaching it to the block..

Nice steal of a deal for 50 bucks!..one peice off that Onan is worth more..not to mention the rest of the machine!..

·
Slowly turning green...
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update on this tractor... I'm working on digging it out of a 3 foot snowbank and then i have to find it's spare tire in the snow. After that, I'll try and get the thing running when it warms up.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Update on this tractor... I'm working on digging it out of a 3 foot snowbank and then i have to find it's spare tire in the snow. After that, I'll try and get the thing running when it warms up.
sand the points, check your coil connections, and clean the plugs, and pour gas down the carb. thats all you need to see if it runs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts