My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
snapper v21 pre comp
not bad for 20 bucks&it was delivered running!!! guy took it outta the van&started right up,
told me it was choking properly
needs to get all the dried crud sloughed off before i run it,& i dont care it doesn't have orig bag clip heck bag is bout90%clean, that'll come better with a dunk in a bucket filled with some tide.
does anyone know if they made a mulch plate or side discharge chute?
& there's a wire sorta hanging in front of the gas tank, prob connects to ign. to kill motor?under the starter looks like a bracket bolted to the motor's skirt, maybe it screws on w a ring connector to ground it out......
i am checking the motor #'s on briggs website

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,747 Posts
There was a SD chute made for that, but by now I would think they're very rare. They weren't a real popular option when the machine was made over 30 years ago. I don't believe there ever was a mulching option for a cast deck machine.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm, wonder how i could deflect it if i didnt wanna run the bag.....

out of curiousity? if i repainted it what would it market for?(i think it had silver snapper trim not white.......raised lettering)
probably i will keep it. soon as i can i want to take pics of the little gang of mowers &
post them lol

i'm hoping to get a few trimmers,saws,blowers etc...& do a small side biz out of my garage, hopefully have an extra penny or two

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well, i got the wire figured out,
the chute depresses a tab,...likely so it can be run without the chute in place,changed the oil, a new lm19 plug,& a dollop of seafoam in the oil&gas,&she's a good to go,
next i need to take a pic of the whole gang&just for fun fire them all up at once
stinks i dont have a vid cam w sound....
is that red specific to snapper? anyone???????

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
heh, cranky ol thing... i think i may've over filled the earl, a small bit on the floor today,
got that cleaned up etc... &now its not wantin to start, i'm gunna start with that switch the chute rests on&see if somehow there's a break in the wire(plug was wet with petro, not soaked)

·
Registered
247 Posts
is that red specific to snapper? anyone???????
If it's the same as the old Snapper garden tractors (I had a 1650), then Farmall red is supposed to be pretty close.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cool,i'll look that up,
got another project a snow chief ,
snow thrower, was made by atlas,
havta put up a pic in the right spot

·
5K Poster!!!!
5,136 Posts
nice machine there 2CF. That old Briggs on there brings back memories from my pre lawnboy days. I never had much problem with Briggs engines, but the mowers my dad would buy would have decent engines on real crappy decks. I am sure that you guys know what I am talking about. The wheel mount area would fatigue over a season or two and the wheels would rub on the deck. They were always a good work out though. LOL. The deck you have there is quality though...and I do like quality machinery.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I just sold my mint Snapper model 21401P for $50 and the guy was happy as could be with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts