My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got this today at a tractor show for 80 bucks. It has a plow, reel mower, and cultivators. It has a Briggs model NPR6 on it. The serial number is 880839. Can someone date this for me? It doesn't run, but it has good compression. What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Very cool! Thats a sweet deal with implements! It's very similar to mine, except for the Briggs engine. I would guess late 40's being it has the wood handles, but I can't be certain. I had trouble dating mine also. Does it have spark?:praying:

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Nice tractor, if you post the engine codes, someone can date it. My guess is about a 1945 or so. Did you buy it off a guy with a white beard driving around on a Planet Jr. with a a sulky?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Mike, I have not tested it for spark yet but I'm going to mess with it tomorrow so I will post if it does. Hugh, I didn't buy it from him but I did talk to him for a while about planet jrs.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well today I took the tank off and cleaned it, cleaned the fuel filter (which is really cool when you turn the fuel valve on and it fills up), and took the carb apart and cleaned it. It does have spark and I cleaned the plug and re-gapped it. I drained the oil, but I can't really make out what it says to use. What kind of oil do you use in your's Mike? Once I put oil in it, it should fire right up!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Always SAE 30wt. I also would sugest using a fuel additive in those old engines, or a lead substitute. I always use MMO in mine.:fing32:

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I managed to get it going a few times yesterday but for no longer than about 30 seconds. The carb is leaking gas from somewhere so i'm going to take it apart again. I will keep you guys posted

·
Registered
332 Posts
A friend of mine has one just like yours except with the steel handles and no attactments.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts