My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Working to a 1K post
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad had a lawn roller and sweeper that got slightly (very slightly) damaged in a tornado back in june (yep we have them here in NY) and was just going to toss them out, when Rob told him that he'd take them, if for nothing else the metal on them so that I could practice welding on. All Rob done was just bent the pipe back where it should have been, it was out of alignment about a 1/4" and was really easy to fix, after Rob got the thing together he helped me hook it up to the WheelHorse and I gave it a try, now I must say that I'm quite impressed with it as we didn't get a chance to mow before we went on vacation, Rob mowed the grass on the 26th, and it was around 10-12" then not to mention wet and thick, he didn't want' to mow it wet because of the clumping that it leaves. I had to go over the lawn twice with the sweeper, but I did get more seat time this way :thThumbsU and it done a great job, now to get the lawn roller fixed.... or not I can just use the metal to practice some welds on!!!!
I like free things that turn out to work great!!!!

Merrie​

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
:fing32::fing32: slkpk

·
Registered
552 Posts
I have a bagger on my old simplicity but my sweeper works so good i quit bagging.Plus my wife says im in love with my 140 :fing20:

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I use my sweeper to clean up when the grass has got tall before I got to mow. I hate seeing a lawn 3-4" deep in dead grass. I made a swing boom lift for the three point on my MF1650(or any cat 0) so I can lift the sweeper up off the ground when it gets full, makes backing up a breeze too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts