My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Three of my friends
9,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was in Wichata Kansas yesterday the JD Store called and asked if I was interested in a Lawn Tractor a guy brought in for repair and it would not move,could be pushed while in the freewheel was in or out.Got back home last night and called him today and he said the owner just was THROUGH with it and if I wanted his number I could call him.
Dropped by to have a look and it was a L130 with no cracks in the plastic hood,paint was Great with 2 long scratches on BOTH sides same location.Huum I thought what might be the issue,forgot to mention it had ONE new left rear tire,probably 50 bucks for it?
Called the owner and he said make me an offer,all I would do it take it home and it would set in the garage,50 bucks I said and he said fine,I will call JD and you can have it for parts,since it wont move thats all it is good for.
Took and hour to go get it and on the way home I was thinking WHAT could it be,bad transmission?stripped keyway in the pulley?Then a light came on and I think Keyway in the wheel?
Got it off the truck(not near as heavy as the 216) pushed it to the garage and was watching the left axel while I was pushing and it was turning BACKWARDS for the rotation of the wheel(BIG LIGHT AND SMILE) came on,jacked it up and NO key it the wheel at all,whoever put the wheel on left it out. Got if off the jack pulled the choke turned the key and it started,pto works it goes forward and back just like it is supposed to.Total cost $ 50.25 for this L130,some before and after pictures.,key for key way was .25 cents

Attachments

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Some people have heard so much negativity about the box store John Deeres, that they are ready to give up on them at the first sign of trouble.

steve

·
Diesels are awesome!
4,449 Posts
I've never bought a non-moving tractor and fixed it for a quarter! :sidelaugh:sidelaugh

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
No matter what, do not let anyone try to make you feel guilty about the awesome score.
I have no sympathy for those who are so absolutely clueless about the things they own.

·
Three of my friends
9,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When i called the owner answered as DR. Erik so no bad feelings here.steers hard so i have look into that.Diesel332 usually when I get one they say " it ran when i parked it "
JD in Sherman sold this one new.

·
Super Moderator
33,821 Posts
Jim, sorry bud but the guilt police are on their way!! That was just too good of a deal and they'll have to read you the riot act for not telling the guy you fixed it for $.25. :sidelaugh

·
Three of my friends
9,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tim, Im thinking i may have some sleep aid tonight from my concence (sp) bothering me.yawn

·
Three of my friends
9,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LTG, thats a good profit BUT you do know it is a COMPLETE RUNNING TRACTOR.lol

·
Super Moderator
13,365 Posts
25 cents to fix one has to be a record! Most at least require the purchase of a battery :)

Anyone that answers their phone dr. is a little high on themself IMHO.....

·
MTF Tractor Nut
4,432 Posts
Well at least it was an easy fix.... :sidelaugh

What's the deal with that cotton-pickin' machine in the last pic????

·
Three of my friends
9,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kyle it had a spanking new battery.

·
Super Moderator
13,365 Posts

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,948 Posts
LTG, thats a good profit BUT you do know it is a COMPLETE RUNNING TRACTOR.lol
Well, it WASN'T till YOU got there! I mean, there's no telling what would have gone wrong with it if I'd beaten you to it! :sidelaugh

·
X530, 48 Deck/44 Blower
899 Posts
Nice one! Tell us how it was that the dealer called you to let you know about it?

·
Three of my friends
9,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The jd dealer has a few of the new cotton processers that go on lease.

·
not quins. but sextuplets
15,241 Posts
that mower is a sister of one I have here.... mine is the Scott's version made by JD... mine might b a L120 clone tho.. got mine from a guy who rolled it down a hill sideways....lucky he didn't get killed.. it sat on it's side & still runnin....then blew both rods.. got it for a song & a dance...bought a diff engine for it..repaired the bent deck mounts...had to replace one sterrin linkage... (bent at the agjuster)... & straighten the seat mount & seat back.. plus remove the steel hood supports & straighten them ..wife has used it here..she loves it....just a lil less than her LT 155 I bought for her.. she doesn't like the wider deck on the Scotts...lol ooohhh...she does love the cruise control tho.. got mine for 75 & 200 for engine....adjuster was like 27 I think

·
Three of my friends
9,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Snakemed, we are on first name bases there, with all my older tractors , they see me often and
know that i am always looking for STUFF.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts