My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked this machine up. I found on the JD site the engine was produced on 8/1999 so I believe the hoe is a 99 or 2000 model. Lot of it looks new, tires, all pins tight like new... no rust anywhere. Purrs like a kitten. They said owner kept it indoors. Hours showing only 230 and the meter is working but I find it hard to believe a 20 year old machine with only 230 hrs. What do you all think?

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
Unless someone is in the habit of stripping and repainting the loader bucket on a regular basis, paint wear appears to be consistent with 230 original hours.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know I think I found a gem

Reactions: PA318Guy

·
Super Moderator
22,970 Posts
I think that you did as well! (y)

Reactions: mhrischuk

·
Registered
297 Posts
She is a beauty!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Who knows the shift pattern on this machine? It's a four speed manual shift. I know it's an H pattern. The diagram on the shift knob is gone. Can you believe the operators manual only tells you what the gears are... ground speed and such but no diagram.
I believe it's,
1st.... left forward
2nd.... left back
3rd .....right back
4th.......right forward.
Not like a conventional H pattern.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I guess a little trial an error... the 3 and 4 are probably the ones most confusing if that's the case. 1st and 2nd should be easier to determine I would think since the machine should be able to start and stop in either gear.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Someone in another forum posted their 310 was this H pattern

2 4
1 3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts