My Tractor Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about Tractors? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
HAMMAN
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for A rear lift for my dads Homelite T-16 H. I saw this and got a fairly good deal on it. It has rear lift, mower deck and the lift motor I need. It also has the deck with good quills in it. We have to go for a little ride to get it but it's more like an adventure. Only one pic now more to come later. Will take a couple of days to go and get it. I am hoping to make it run with parts from the other parts tractor I got last year.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I like it. Glad to hear that you might be able to save that one. These things are getting more and more rare every day. Moma saw the picture and is convinced she needs a T16 to go with her RM-7E.:thThumbsU

·
HAMMAN
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are (to me anyway) addictive to collect and use. The T-16H are getting harder to find and people are buying them and fixing them up. Some Simplicity, and Allis Chalmers GTs have parts that are interchangable, so some of the parts are easy to get. Tell her to keep looking she will find one. Good luck with the RM 7-E. Keep posting your progress. :thThumbsU

·
HAMMAN
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I found this one in Missouri and have to go down to get it. Didn't really want to go that far but my son and I need a small adventure. The profile picture was taken last August in Sault St. Marie MI. at the Soo Locks. It was during Engineers Day when they open the area around the Locks up to people to go thru and onto the lock area. My son is trying to get a job on one of the Lake Freighters and he was there all weekend for the festivities. He took the picture as the U.S. Coast Guard was doing a fly over of the Locks. I'll tell him you like it. Thanks.

·
10,825 Posts
Great find, Roger! Do you think the rear light is factory, since it's chromed?

Also, I'm starting to wonder if there is any Simplicity-built H's around, with the white LH discharge mower deck.
Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Lawn Agricultural machinery

Ever seen one, Roger? I have not.

·
'Simple' MTF Member
4,426 Posts
There was a Simplicity built one listed on the Muskegon, MI craigslist, in pretty darn good shape, back around August maybe? Had a deck and dozer....$650, if I recall. It was too much for me at the time, and vanished quickly.

Your trup sounds great! If I was willing to venture that far, I'd be doing it often, I fear. =]

Need to stick to finding just that one unicorn, then chasing it down. Enjoy the trip! Wish my old man liked road trips.

·
HAMMAN
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cat there was a lot of factory options for them but a chrome rear light wasn't one of them. The rear light was a smaller version of the headlights, black with a small bulb inside. Sure wish I had kept the original sales book with all the optional items you could get for them. I made a radio box for dads and it set on the left rear fender. It had a small AM radio in it and a small speaker. It really worked good until the muffler got louder. I still have it here and I will dig it out and get a couple of pictures of it to post. I really want to put it back on when I get it restored. An AM radio around here woun't pick up anything. I found a FM converter (small one) and I am going to try to put it in the box to pick up FM. I want to put a headphone jack in it to use headphones while using it. As for the Simplicity built ones I have seen two and they were both in great shape. Not for sale but all there. They were owned by two seperate people and both were in Michigan. :thThumbsU

·
HAMMAN
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I dug out the radio and took a few pictures. Looks like I am going to have to make a bigger box to fit the FM converter into it. Radio still powers up. I also forgot that that I have an antenna booster on it also. I may just make an addition to the bottom to fit the converter in. I have to locate a small speaker for it. Looking for a smaller boom box or stereo to get one from.:fing32:

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Great find, Roger! Do you think the rear light is factory, since it's chromed?

Also, I'm starting to wonder if there is any Simplicity-built H's around, with the white LH discharge mower deck.
View attachment 198004

Ever seen one, Roger? I have not.
I have an Allis Chalmers built Homelite T-10 that had a LH discharge mower deck but it was all broke up so i scrapped it :banghead3

1 - 14 of 14 Posts