My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a Gravely 10a off of CL. It came with the mower deck and a snowblower. Tractor runs great, all tuned up with a newer battery. The snow blower seems to be missing the mount. Can someone tell me if this blower will mount to the 10a, or is this for a rider?

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
Picked up a Gravely 10a off of CL. It came with the mower deck and a snowblower. Tractor runs great, all tuned up with a newer battery. The snow blower seems to be missing the mount. Can someone tell me if this blower will mount to the 10a, or is this for a rider?
nice find - looks like a 4-wheel blower to me...

·
Premium Member
3,028 Posts
That is for a four wheel rider. I doubt you will be able to covert that to a two wheel application, very easy. If you could find a scrap MA-210 style input drive, the rear horizontal drive part, cut off the four wheel mount, get some wheels under the back side...

You might be better off trying to trade for a MA-210 blower. I think that is a better possiblity.

Roger,

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Thanks for the replies
Do you think it will fit the 10a Tractor, If it does, what parts am I missing?
You could make it fit a walk behind easily, but its not even worth it. The 10a does not have the power to move that blower so it would be a waste of time. Best bet is to sell this one, and find a nice 26" 4 bolt MA210 and you'll be golden!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks guys for all the replies

Well thats fine that it don't fit. Looks like I have to sell it any how, because I can't fit it in the garage (too many Gravelys). I bought this set up mainly for the tractor and lawn mower. The tractor runs great, I'm a little confused on the serial # J31166. I think it is a 1968. Anyone know the value on this snowblower?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey, Its Kevin. Nice 10A. I cleared last years snow with my newly rebuilt 10A & 38' blower and it worked fine, but the engine was brand new. I bought it with the intention of using it on my 816 I have the adapters for it how ever it would be nicer with your style. I would be interested in trading for yours if you decide to use a blower, If you want a smaller one I have a mint 24" that is listed with my Com12. I could revise to include the 38".

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey, Its Kevin. Nice 10A. I cleared last years snow with my newly rebuilt 10A & 38' blower and it worked fine, but the engine was brand new. I bought it with the intention of using it on my 816 I have the adapters for it how ever it would be nicer with your style. I would be interested in trading for yours if you decide to use a blower, If you want a smaller one I have a mint 24" that is listed with my Com12. I could revise to include the 38".
PM Sent

·
Gravely 408 Authority
1,823 Posts
Hey Kevin, Nice looking 10 & blower, but what caught my eys was your really fine '55 Chrysler New Yorker in the background!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm ready for snow in Chicagoland. I have the right snowblower on the 10a now (Thanks Kev). Now I'm looking to put tires on the 10a.The size that are on it now are 5.00 x 5.70 x 8. I searched this size and it seems they do not make them any more. What size would you recommend for a 10a tractor?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,842 Posts
18x7-8 is a nice size. 18x8.5-8 is a little wider and is about the limit.

·
Premium Member
8,842 Posts
The 5.00/5.70-8 tires are still available but the prices are high and the number useful tread patterns is
limited. http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop....pro_Seite=15&Transport=P&tyre_for=AS&dsco=135

If it were mine, I think I would go with a ATV or snow blower tire. Chains are a must. Something like this should be good:

When spring comes, then I would change them out to something like a Carlisle MultiTrac C/S in a 18x8.5-8

·
Registered
55 Posts
These are very cool. I always see lots of impliments available on craigslist in the dc area. Just down the street from me, one is for sale in Brandywine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts