My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got the C20CPR. Very good mower. It has a 20" aluminum deck, and it is push, just the way I like it! It is very tough, and seems rare. They were only made one year, 1989. The only problems are that the carb needs adjusted and the mower vibrates a bit. I checked over and over the shaft and it looks fine. I will check again tomorrow, but I don't think that's the problem. There isn't much play as well. Maby the blade needs balanced? It looks like the engine mount bolts need tightened as well. I will try that tomorrow. Anyways, it can mulch and it came with a bag. I love it! Oh, and it is missing the engine guard, no biggie I guess. Let the pictures tell the rest of the story. I will post them in a bit.

·
Lawn-Boy fan
1,566 Posts
"Special training necessary" probably because that was made after the compliance crap came into effect, and it is non-compliance. Very cool though, take some pics when it is all cleaned up.

·
Registered
216 Posts
"Special training necessary".......:ROF

Does anyone on here offer omc certified training classes?

Seriously though, nice commercial. For some reason I thought you were looking at one with the shroud thats crooked in front.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"Special training necessary" probably because that was made after the compliance crap came into effect, and it is non-compliance. Very cool though, take some pics when it is all cleaned up.
I think it's safer than a D engined Lawn-Boy for crying out loud!:ROF

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
Your mower is only as safe as the person that maintains and uses it.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
That's exactly the case. The 4861, 8461 & 6461 all have these stickers on them. The guy I bought my 8461 from said he had to sign a bunch of disclaimers before they would let him buy it at the dealership back in the eighties...

-Dave

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Nice mower ,....now sell me that brick.!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts