My Tractor Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Icnubus could you help me with my 442? To my knowledge the ol girl is all original but the wiring for the electric PTO is all jacked up

·
Registered
28 Posts
No I bought it like this the clutch works but the electric engagement does not work. It's not important right now because I'm about to rebuild the engine though

·
Ingersoll Dealer
2,552 Posts
No I bought it like this the clutch works but the electric engagement does not work. It's not important right now because I'm about to rebuild the engine though
The 442 was never offered with an electric clutch, so you have a prior owner modification.

The clutches are pretty simple electrical ... on - off ... sometimes then equipped with various safety/interlocks.

Since yours is homemade ... will be tough to offer much specific guidance on how the electricals were done.

Brian

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey incubus and bhildret, I just posted an album with some photos. Let me know if those help. I will try and put the deck back together soon. Getting a new engine as well. I have the clutch off the ol one somewhere though. I think you were right though bhildret about it not having electric pto, that the electrical just allows the clutch to engage. Meaning i need a running engine to make sure it was wired right.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts