My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all! Just picked up this GT18 last night. It's got a fun little issue with it. Wanted some folks with experience to chime in to let me know how bad I've got it.

So currently the lift control is stuck in the back. The pin for the latch (sorry for not knowing all the correct terms) is broken, snapped off the frame.

It looks like it's cast iron, is that correct? So welding isn't an option? What can I do to get her back up and going. Runs great, hydraulics work fine, just can't switch power to the front.

Here's a pic of the failed part:

Automotive tire Helmet Textile Sleeve Table
Automotive tire Wood Grey Font Brick

· Registered
532 Posts
Any time you question cast iron and carbon steel. Take a grinder on it and if it sparks it is carbon steel if it just throws sand it is cast iron.

· Registered
86 Posts
I’d be looking to see what caused that pin to break off in the first place. There really shouldn’t be any force on that pin- it’s just a pivot point for the latch assembly. I’m thinking something else is loose in the lift system. That assembly has a huge divot in it too- which I don’t believe is normal. It is steel though, and should weld up easy. Welcome aboard!

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Hey all, thanks for all this help. So I investigated more since some of you mentioned that having that pin break is odd as it doesn't have any weight placed on it.

I can see that my lift system is pushed forward and pressing on the catch bar on the frame. How do I go about getting it back to the correct position? It's this part below that I can tell is allowing the drop arm that goes to the hydro pump (part 11) to push forward. Any ideas? I'm hoping just a simple tightening will do the trick but even then not sure what needs tightened!

Slope Rectangle Font Parallel Technology

You can see below, the pump is pushed forward and resting on the catch.

Motor vehicle Font Automotive exterior Auto part Engineering

1 - 14 of 14 Posts