My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Definitely. Maybe someday I'll be lucky and I'll get to put that rear PTO to use

·
Registered
75 Posts
Likely sorted, but there is a fellow that buys/sells Case garden tractor/Onan engine parts near Edmonton. Gerald @ Kace Replace 1-780-922-3414.

Obtaining parts from him has helped me out when I was in a bind time wise and couldn't wait 2-3 wks for an ebay package...and at least there's no exchange rate to consider.

Al

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I'll keep that in my arsenal. Thanks. Always good to get more contacts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Likely sorted, but there is a fellow that buys/sells Case garden tractor/Onan engine parts near Edmonton. Gerald @ Kace Replace 1-780-922-3414.

Obtaining parts from him has helped me out when I was in a bind time wise and couldn't wait 2-3 wks for an ebay package...and at least there's no exchange rate to consider.

Al
Good to know Al. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wh

Al
I am unable to find out anything about KACE REPLACE. Who is this person? Does he have a website? What is the address of his business?

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 · (Edited)
Ok I was able to get the belt fitted. Not a particularly good design needing to pass it over the fan but ok. Got about 0.5 am acre cut and the new kevlar 70" belt snapped. I haven't found that these things are particularly well known for snapping belts that quickly. What are regular causes of that if it is a normal issue?

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
Was this for the mule drive?

I tried using the ridgid blue belts on the mule drive and it either didn't stay on or broke. Went back to stock belt.

CCMoe

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
The belt from the pto to the deck. I got the belt at a kubota dealer. There is a case dealer 0.5 hours from my house but he wasn't very helpful and couldn't find the part no I have him so not sure how to get a stock belt

The part no I have is C 17052

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
You might look here,

CCMoe

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Oh and I thought I would mention that I did check all pulleys moved freely on both the mule drive and deck. There are no sharp edges or anything in the way. I followed the installation instructions on the deck and tightened the mule drive till there were 2 coil thick gaps between coils on the spring. I have not yet done any deck levelling as I was giving it a test run

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I already have all the manuals that I know of and have cross-referenced to three separate manuals and I've gotten the same belt part number each time. But this particular case dealer was not overly interested in helping me

Your link does not bring anything up it goes to the company's website and shows that it's in the manual section but there is nothing in that section

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
I already have all the manuals that I know of and have cross-referenced to three separate manuals and I've gotten the same belt part number each time. But this particular case dealer was not overly interested in helping me

Your link does not bring anything up it goes to the company's website and shows that it's in the manual section but there is nothing in that section
That's the link I sent, I didn't know which 444 you have per serial number.

CCMoe

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
The link you sent me there is nothing to click on when you get there. doesn't matter which machine I have there is no clickable links. But I have the manuals already thank you

·
Premium Member
1,857 Posts
The link you sent me there is nothing to click on when you get there. doesn't matter which machine I have there is no clickable links. But I have the manuals already thank you
I just opened 444 file, sleeve hitch parts diagram is on page 34 of the 38 page file.

CCMoe

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
That guy is quite the character. Besides me not using the oem belt the rest is fine. Sharp blades and good pulleys

·
Registered
75 Posts
He is a character for sure lol. In this Case ;), I don't think you need to run oem belts as there's nothing overtly special about them.(unlike the green tractors I have that use an odd width and unique angle on the belts) I run a 1/2" x 71" green Kevlar belt (from a local ag store, not sure of the brand) and get several years from them mowing ~2 acres twice a week at peak growing season.

With nothing obvious, perhaps the belt was defective in the first place?

Al

41 - 60 of 75 Posts