My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
There are many attachments for the sleeve hitch. The hitch that is bolted to your diff will bolt to the stabilizer bolt holes on the end of the sleeve hitch. If you're handy you'll find many uses for it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Is the hitch that is bolted to my rear axle not to sleeve hitch? What other parts are there?

·
Registered
455 Posts
It will fit into the stabilizer holes of the sleeve hitch and you'll have a tow hitch that's usable to tow stuff.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Maybe I'm not understanding the terms correctly but what will fit into the stabilizer holes?

·
Registered
455 Posts
In your picture of the back of the tractor there is a little triangle like tow hitch attached to your axle. The holes are the same as the holes at the back of the sleeve hitch.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Excuse me for interrupting, gentlemen, The triangular tow plate is supposed to stay bolted to the trans-axle case so that it can be used to keep the sleeve hitch in the air when it is disconnected from the bell-crank near the right foot rest. A long 3/8" bolt is used for this purpose. That way the sleeve hitch will not get snagged on things at ground level.

One of the drawbacks of the sleeve hitch vs the 3 pt hitch, is that it must be disconnected whenever the plow blade or mower deck is installed and that includes removing the lift arm that you are ordering from Charlie. This is the main reason why so many lift arms go missing. The guy you bought the tractor from, likely has that lift arm hanging up in his garage on a nail.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Thanks. That explains a lot. Since I never have my lift arm removed I never noticed that. That also explains why the angle iron nearest the axle is at an upward angle. Until now I couldn't figure out how Vicv's sleeve hitch stayed up without the lift arm. Sorry Vicv for almost steering you in the wrong direction.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
No problem. That's why I was a bit confused with what you were saying and I was going to check it out more. I'm not at home right now so I wasn't able to. That's too bad of what having to remove it all the time. yeah I've asked the previous owner twice if he has it anywhere in his garage and he's definitely said no. I'm also missing the plate. The drop plate that attaches to the deck lift mechanism.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
He had bought the house about 3 years ago and the tractor came with it now. He's selling again and selling off the equipment so he tells me. it's been like that ever since he bought it which is really too bad as he did sell the rototillery had so there's got to be that plate somewhere there. No one would have had a rototiller and not had a working sleeve hatch.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Ya I'm getting the bar, a plate, and a new neutral switch. He a really nice and helpful guy. It's just too bad that I have to spend like $200 on something that I know is in that guy's garage somewhere.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I know it comes close to doubling the price. After shipping it's even worse.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
No because the guy I bought the tractor from sold the cultivator and he's never seen the bar he didn't even know that it existed.

I think he quoted me around 50 USD for shipping so it will cost me about $70 to ship. That was before I added the drop plate though. We'll see

·
Registered
455 Posts
If you get everything you need that isn't a bad price. I bougth a tractor many years ago from a local fellow and he didn't know where the bars were. Talking to a neighbor a couple years later he told me he borrowed the bars and forgot to return them 😕.

·
Registered
455 Posts
If you get everything you need that isn't a bad price. I bougth a tractor many years ago from a local fellow and he didn't know where the bars were. Talking to a neighbor a couple years later he told me he borrowed the bars and forgot to return them 😕.
3 pt hitch bars.

·
Registered
24 Posts
IMO, you will not regret buying the pieces that make your sleeve hitch workable. Perhaps in the future, you will find a need for some rear mounted attachments and that sleeve hitch will make it easy to justify buying them. Keep an eye on Kijiji.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts